Krend quiery

Members online

Adamprice1

Hi lads
Have a large wall to krend and I’m worried abit about the suction and joint lines

I’ve been told if I Sbr the scratch coat first and then krend it will help me with this.

Is that right has anyone had experience doing this.
Thanks

I use SBR with water 4/1 water/sbr, you should probably do a section at a time and render while still tacky but I’ve done the whole wall before and seems fine to render on so I don’t see the issue there. K rend will tell you to use R7 or R10 primer the same way.

I assume your taking about silicone render ? K rend is a brand of various systems . If you are talking about silicone top coat then your are supposed to use krend primer over the base coat prior to applying silicone , this reduces the suction .

I assume your taking about silicone render ? K rend is a brand of various systems . If you are talking about silicone top coat then your are supposed to use krend primer over the base coat prior to applying silicone , this reduces the suction .
Yes silicone ft, I have never primed the base coat before but then I’ve only done small areas so this makes sense thank you

I would be interested though if anyone has used sbr because it would save a lot of money
Why would you get dry lines through a hp12 base coat and thin coat ?
Who said to sbr a surface to take thin coat ?
I can’t think of a worse thing to do

Why do they recommend to use their primer then ?

Well said neither can I. Sbr why on earth ??

As far as I understand the OP said he is using Krend silicone TC over HP12 base coat . He wants to know if he can use sbr to kill the suction prior to applying TC. As I said your supposed to use their branded primer . Anyone got an issue with this ?

Ft is hand apply silicone enhanced scratch render you can apply 15 mil straight onto blockwork and you won't see any lines, if you've based it out with HP12 you definitely won't, see no lines no primer needed especially if you've keyed it, if in doubt coat it with r10, would have been better using hpx instead of HP12,

So am I going wrong. As when I use hp12 . If it's a big area i just hose it down. Then bang Top coat on . Scratched base of course

If you're using ft, HP12 base coat is fine scratched, on new block work ft can go straight on, if it's a shity old substrate use hpx as a base coat, no primer is needed on the base coat,

You don't need to hose down base coat it will make the ft slump bace coat is hi-polymer anyway, first pass 7 ml mesh nice and flat second pass 8-9 ml

Ft is hand apply silicone enhanced scratch render you can apply 15 mil straight onto blockwork and you won't see any lines, if you've based it out with HP12 you definitely won't, see no lines no primer needed especially if you've keyed it, if in doubt coat it with r10, would have been better using hpx instead of HP12,
Hand apply !!! No thanks