krend or Weber?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeweston

What do you guys use? Is there much difference?
The reason I ask is I have used Krend and Prorend. I don't claim to be a master, I've done a handful of monocouche jobs and they have always looked good. But the information I have used for guidance has just been off of the net and I am looking at doing some training. Just to get a bit more information and guidance.
The Weber training day seems worth doing, has anyone else done this?
I live on the Isle of Wight and it seems that the majority of bigger jobs are mainland contractors. Just looking for a bit more confidence in using these products.
I've added a few pics of a prorend and krend job.

Attachments

• 2013-07-29 14.31.55.jpg
    2013-07-29 14.31.55.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 497
  • 2013-09-02 17.40.40.jpg
    2013-09-02 17.40.40.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 459
What do you guys use? Is there much difference?
The reason I ask is I have used Krend and Prorend. I don't claim to be a master, I've done a handful of monocouche jobs and they have always looked good. But the information I have used for guidance has just been off of the net and I am looking at doing some training. Just to get a bit more information and guidance.
The Weber training day seems worth doing, has anyone else done this?
I live on the Isle of Wight and it seems that the majority of bigger jobs are mainland contractors. Just looking for a bit more confidence in using these products.
I've added a few pics of a prorend and krend job.
Smart that mate

Thanks for your input guys
I would just like a bit more information into the ins and outs of the product.
I've only ever done small areas and most the time I work on my own. That bungalow I did on my own and it was hard graft! Possibly looking at getting another spread to come up to the training so I can take on bigger jobs, having confidence in him knowing method of application as well as me. Hopefully start doing some different systems, like thin coat work.

Anyone else stop bead at soffits? Looks good as above :)

Always and any other place where render has a perimeter like under window sills etc.

I don't think you need the training, you seem to know how to already. Any questions ask on here.

What Prorend mono did you use? The silicone version or the British made mono. I found the silicone mono the worst mono ever to use.

Always and any other place where render has a perimeter like under window sills etc.

I don't think you need the training, you seem to know how to already. Any questions ask on here.

What Prorend mono did you use? The silicone version or the British made mono. I found the silicone mono the worst mono ever to use.
If I can remember correctly, it was the silicone render. I thought it was ok until I got my hands on some krend.

If I can remember correctly, it was the silicone render. I thought it was ok until I got my hands on some krend.

It was the most 'dead' mono I have ever come across. I sprayed it on their Lite base coat and it kept sliding off. It was only 12-13 mm thick. I sprayed it in the evening late July last year and still wet next morning.

The customers sister wanted me to do hers in the same mono but I declined. Lifes too short for putting up with that sort of stress.

The British made gear though has had good reviews.

Rarely use beads up to soffits, what's it giving you a straight line to work to ?I can get that depth spraying then get a clean line on with the I bar, expansion of the soffit ? Yes your going to get movement especially on a south facing but what we do is just draw your trowel along the edge a few mill gap then fill with silicone you can't leave the gap as water will get down it eventually, and then cost, last year we did about 30 thousand metre of mono work imagine the cost of beading all that as that detail it would cost me thousands in time and beads,And I don't personally like the look of it as most render isn't bang on the same colour as the beads so it stands out.
The only time we do is if specified by an architect as a feature. And more often than not the soffits arnt in line and dips about a bead along only emphasises this and looks dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.