krend on timber frame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post here.
A brittle render over a board is a big risk
I've just talked a developer into not building 14 flats on a timber frame with a block outer skim
It's now a thin cost system on a render board
Happy days

Top Man Bobby.....

More than happy to assist further.

Hi @Runswithscissors i do a fair bit of timber frame and always used render pro, but I have just got in with a decent size timber frame company and looking to use Knauf boards can you pm me your number as we need a large quantity. Cheers

Hi @Runswithscissors i do a fair bit of timber frame and always used render pro, but I have just got in with a decent size timber frame company and looking to use Knauf boards can you pm me your number as we need a large quantity. Cheers

Hi Leroy

Thanks for the post. I am a technical guy, so will sort detailing and specs directly, I will then get the local Knauf Sales Person to help sourcing the boards for you

By all mean get in touch with me on the contact methods below

Cheers

Richard Lord
Knauf
Rlord@knauf.co.uk

I've just put a order in with Encon for knauf board mate as they we're the cheapest around(y)

Cheers mate, the trouble is where I live it's builders merchants( tp Mkm ) and that's it so not much to choose from

Mono onto renderboard (only AquaPanel) is no problem. We have done loads. K-rends spec is HPX and mesh, 10mm beads and mono..... done, but always get a spec from the render manufacturer so your covered.

It makes you think do these boffins at Krend actually test it on a 8x4 sheet of ply in their factory or out in the open on a real timber frame structure left to the elements all year round,i can't see it i just think they get feed back from the contractors when it goes tits up!

I know the K Rend tech director quiet well..... The do extensive testing in various situations. If you go to K Rend you see lots of their test areas.....

I think it was a matter of systems they had available going back a few years.....

The job I am talking about was only last year.
I'm not saying it's just K Rends system .
After having various reps out to trouble shoot the job the general concensus was that there is far too much weight in mono for timber frame.
It has to flex with differing weather conditions and then it cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.