Krend K1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrend

Gave this a try yesterday.First off it sprayed ok through ritmo.Sprayed 20 metres and finished about half three.Got there this morning after temps being just above freezing to find it rock hard full of shrinkage cracks.Half was on new block and rest was on rough faced brick.Dont think I will be rushing to use this again.

Am looking at the reviews on the K1 and they are so mixed. We have sold quite a lot of the product and the reviews we have had have been excellent. It's a shame those who like it haven't posted anything.

I know it's a silly question, but did you follow the K-Rend spec? What thickness did you apply the K1? What basecoat? Was the system meshed?

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Yes, interesting.

What was the newton strength of the block? Did you use a pre rend? If so was it fully meshed?

No pre-rend just 2 pass 15mm thick,no mesh as there was no stress areas.I think they were 7newton block.
Yes, interesting.

What was the newton strength of the block? Did you use a pre rend? If so was it fully meshed?

Ok 7 newton block 15mm thick. But what about the brick? Was that 15mm 2 pass but no pre rend? Did it crack on the brick area?

No mesh is like being on bullseye you dont know what prize is behind the board ! As jim once said no not BFH thats the gamble come and look at youwould of won !

Done the Ft to spec many times and had loads of inconsistant results with hairline/shrinkage cracking on next day returns. Stopped using the product and started with Weber/Parex and never once had this.

Used it myself yesterday . Scraped it down this morning found a few hairline cracks but nothing major. I normally use weber but this contract spec k rend k1 . On the hole thought it was nice to apply and finish

what colour underpants did you have on when you applied the gear ? this could reduce the affects of crack showing

I had my lucky yellow with brown piping ones on,maybe i should bin them a they aren't that lucky after all.

Used it yesterday on an afternoon spray on 3 gables on a new housing estate. Went this morning to rub down 2 gables were ok only a few cracks . The third one was Badly cracked all over . Think this was more exposed to the wind . Really pissed me off trying to fill them . Looked half decent when we had finished but not sure if it will be passed. Will have to see what it looks like on Monday.in my opinion k rend still haven't solved the problem go cracking .weber here I come !!!!!!

Used it yesterday on an afternoon spray on 3 gables on a new housing estate. Went this morning to rub down 2 gables were ok only a few cracks . The third one was Badly cracked all over . Think this was more exposed to the wind . Really pissed me off trying to fill them . Looked half decent when we had finished but not sure if it will be passed. Will have to see what it looks like on Monday.in my opinion k rend still haven't solved the problem go cracking .weber here I come !!!!!!

can you take a picture?
and what sort of cracks? there shouldn't be any should there with bagged gear.

Mine has to be painted as the filled cracks have dried a different colour even though i used the damp rubbing off dust too fill them.

its a joke if it still cracking,
k rend are trying to get in with us, so have given me a full pallet of the k1 gear, but I arnt going to use it on a paying customers house if the end result is sub standard.

test

Attachments

• 1395513212252.jpg
    1395513212252.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 286
I have had Weber give me shrinkage cracks but it was when I Rend-aided then put on 15mm bead on top. Not so much when 15mm inc Rend-aid maybe when filling in a hollow area.

That is why I prefer a thick base coat so maybe only 8-10mm of Mono. Less to shrink.

Got a k1 job next week. Stopped using ft cause it was s..t and moved to weber , thought would give it another go on a big job ,as used a couple of bags of k1 on a tester wall and seemed ok , but know reading some of these replies not so sure I am looking forward to the out come of the finish

It's gets worse !!!!!!!!!!

did another afternoon spray yesterday , and guess what 2 out off 4 elevation badly cracked . Worse than before. Had the rep out but same old story wii have to send sample back to Ireland .
In my opinion k1 doesn't stand up well in windy conditions .

Let me get back to weber

Status
Not open for further replies.