krend,K1, mono or webber

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

clivo

Hi guys, need some opinions before i start rendering with the new Ritmo, ive always hand applied Krend ft but now ive got a machine i need to know what people think is the best product to spray. e grade, K1, mono or webber. i know krend are trying to push the new K1 but its more polymer based than silicone so is there any drawbacks with that. all opinions will be greatly appreciated and i will go with the best opinions on here. thanks Clive

Hi Clive,

We have had some cracking reviews on the new K1, more popular than the E-Grade, I can put you in touch with a local guy who has used quite a bit if you want?

Ryan

thanks ryan, ive an account with keyline, same price delivered, its 240 bags so dont really wanna be picking it up m8

also, i usually use 15mm beads when hand applying, can you use 10mm beads on new blockwork or will this mean the blockwork grinning thro ?

Your machine will spray all bagged mono ,it what you have been use to over the years ,ie drying times ,so use the gear you are happy with

Hi guys, need some opinions before i start rendering with the new Ritmo, ive always hand applied Krend ft but now ive got a machine i need to know what people think is the best product to spray. e grade, K1, mono or webber. i know krend are trying to push the new K1 but its more polymer based than silicone so is there any drawbacks with that. all opinions will be greatly appreciated and i will go with the best opinions on here. thanks Clive

K1 ain't polymer render mate. Neither is silicone ft. Its just mortar with colour in it.

As far as I am aware the k1 hasnt been made into a polymer modified unless anyone can tell us different.

Ha Ha ! Keith, as mentioned stick to what youre familiar with, thats why i use krend. I have a lot to do at my place as well so im gunna try out the other products as well to see which i get on with best :RpS_thumbsup:

you need a clampable stator with K rend e grade and then it works fine. any other render the standard rotor/stator works fine.

K1 is polymer modified cement based according to their site, just no silicone

Right I will take a look. I wonder how much polymer it contains. To be considered a polymer modified render.

Not used it yet but usually polymer renders pick up quick after mixing or spray. Are u lads finding that's the case

It should do yes but weather the content of polymer is enough to that level of elasticity remains to be seen. A lot of pre batched mortar may contain some polymers but not classed as polymer render as the content is so low.

You know yourself rigs from using it. True polymer renders that offer levels of flexibility are usually so sticky and hard to work they are normally base coats not spray products you have to work on the wall.

I am interested in the k1 feedback all the same. Not used it yet but soon....

Keep the feedback coming lads

well, ive ordered K1 for the job so I will let you know how I get on lads :RpS_thumbup:

best thing to do is then follow up with a parex job then a weber job (arguably the best 2 on the market for spray ability) then you can tell us your preferences.

I know loads of lads use Krend FT by hand and love it - then they try the others.....

I've just got a pallet of this gear for nothing, I shall post a full review of it on here, I've also got a job to use there new lime product.

Status
Not open for further replies.