Krend colour dried / wet

Status
Not open for further replies.

barney88

Evening all. Im Lee from Newbury, a new boy to the forum.
Ive just applied Krend to a wall today and the lady of the house came home and said the colour is horrible.
The colour of the Krend is stone. The sample is a lot lighter than the render I've just put on wall.
My question is will the render dry a lot lighter and how long will it take to go dry (if it does).
The sample is a dark cream with a tint of orange. The render I've put on wall is dark orange.
I've 150 bags to put on !!
Any suggestion would be mostly appreciated.

Evening all. Im Lee from Newbury, a new boy to the forum.
Ive just applied Krend to a wall today and the lady of the house came home and said the colour is horrible.
The colour of the Krend is stone. The sample is a lot lighter than the render I've just put on wall.
My question is will the render dry a lot lighter and how long will it take to go dry (if it does).
The sample is a dark cream with a tint of orange. The render I've put on wall is dark orange.
I've 150 bags to put on !!
Any suggestion would be mostly appreciated.

so your putting 150 bags on of a product that you don't even know what it dries like!!!!!

jeeeeeeee....shes 1 lucky customer!!!!!!:rolleyes)

Most helpful zombie !!
The colour sample is a lot lighter. Thats what she was going on. Today the render looked dark orange. Not like the sample.

Yes It will lighten,however you can get quite a variation of colour dependant on the water content of the product when it is scraped,for example Iwith webers Ivory I have scraped when quite dry and its leaning towards white,then I have also scraped it when it's almost wet and its more of a rich cream colour.
have you scraped it yet?

Yes kgreigh, I scrapped wall this afternoon. I only did a small wall today to to make sure customer was happy with it all. How long do you think it will take to lighten up. I've never used darker colours with krend. Normally white and light cream. They have always being good to be.

It is always darker when wet, it will lighten. As Kgreigh said it will depend on various drying out times, thickness and even how it is scraped. The thicker it is and the longer it takes to dry will be darker, and the opposite to thinner and drying fast.

Even scraping back one wall wetter and the next dryer will look different. But being winter is against you but it will certainly dry a lot lighter.

It's 40 % water by content so it's going to look darker isn't it,
give it a week for the colour to come through. And make sure you scrape all panels at the same time other wise your shade can vary as much as 20%.

Winter mixes always a tad darker than summer ones.

Rember samples are done inside where it is nice and warm/ dry so will dry quicker. Water content in the mix can make for a darker job too. Gauge your water every single mix or get someone to spray who has a machine

Samples from manufacturer are a guide as they will all tell you. A live sample on site is always recommended

Winter mixes always a tad darker than summer ones.

Rember samples are done inside where it is nice and warm/ dry so will dry quicker. Water content in the mix can make for a darker job too. Gauge your water every single mix or get someone to spray who has a machine

Samples from manufacturer are a guide as they will all tell you. A live sample on site is always recommended
I hand apply and as you said it's important to gauge the water to help make the colour as uniform as possible.:RpS_thumbup:

Curing time is 2 weeks, possibly 3 weeks in this weather. The wall is gradually get lighter up until that point. Saying that the sample are produced in incubators and scratched when the incubator is the perfect humidity which is the equivalent of a next day scrape so the samples will be a lighter colour than someone who scrapes within a few hours. (Just about everyone!)

Customer has decided they hate colour and don't even like sample anymore. Therefore there is 139 bags of Krend silicone ft stone colour if anyone wants a good price on them. Collection from Didcot in oxford. The customer is willing to sell them at a greatly reduced price. I said I would put this post on here just to see if anyone is interested.
Thank you for all the above comments. They have been most helpful. Now going to order Ivory colour !!!!

Customer has decided they hate colour and don't even like sample anymore. Therefore there is 139 bags of Krend silicone ft stone colour if anyone wants a good price on them. Collection from Didcot in oxford. The customer is willing to sell them at a greatly reduced price. I said I would put this post on here just to see if anyone is interested.
Thank you for all the above comments. They have been most helpful. Now going to order Ivory colour !!!!

What so they are going to pay you to knock it off and apply again?
Ludicrous, more money than sense.

Could always use what you have and apply a high performance paint. A Nano technology paint will look better for longer.

Rigsby, I did mention this idea but they really do want Krend. The architect has convinced them Krend is the only way forward. I keep hoping i will wake up and this will all be a bad dream !!

Just out of interest plasterjfe. What do you mean '1.5 mm over it'.

If they don't like the colour you could save buying more just render the walls flat then you could finish with a 1.5mm texture coating to the colour of their choice.

Such as krends tc15. Its a self coloured pre mixed thin coat wet finish to go over render

If they don't like the colour you could save buying more just render the walls flat then you could finish with a 1.5mm texture coating to the colour of their choice.

Such as krends tc15. Its a self coloured pre mixed thin coat wet finish to go over render

Very similar surface finish to mono to and it will keeo cleaner longer. Get K Rend to send you an Ivory sample.

When u's are saying that .... If the panel was fully scratched ...... Would u just acrylic straight on top ? could imagin eating the gear up .... Just curious and still learning about acrylic .

Surely would need a tight coat of maite or something ? Sorry ive only used maite parinter and ocr as base coats with the bloke ive done it with :RpS_thumbsup: met him off here may i add !

bit cold for tc tho:RpS_unsure:

I've never got that saying "more money than sense". It's always got up my nose a bit.

I mean its not really senseless to change the colour now before the other 150m2 is put on the wall is it? Yes its a bit of a faff having to shift this lot of render on and buy in some more and they'll be a little more out of pocket than they first thought they would be.

It's only money at the end off the day, some numbers on a computer screen.

I've never got that saying "more money than sense". It's always got up my nose a bit.

I mean its not really senseless to change the colour now before the other 150m2 is put on the wall is it? Yes its a bit of a faff having to shift this lot of render on and buy in some more and they'll be a little more out of pocket than they first thought they would be.

It's only money at the end off the day, some numbers on a computer screen.

Well, if I had the choice of buying krend all over again at 8.40 a bag plus vat for 0.75 m sq or some decent paint or texture for less than 4 quid a metre I would save the money.

It only works out if they can shift the gear on they have already bought.

Wez you must have more money than sense. Haha

Surely would need a tight coat of maite or something ? Sorry ive only used maite parinter and ocr as base coats with the bloke ive done it with :RpS_thumbsup: met him off here may i add !

Primer and texture, it's render substrate end of the day.

I never done it over krend so always you must check manufacturers products and spec, I have done it a few times over existing mono with a spec ones I use have a primer and finish only that's all is needed.

Paint would be cheapest option

Well, if I had the choice of buying krend all over again at 8.40 a bag plus vat for 0.75 m sq or some decent paint or texture for less than 4 quid a metre I would save the money.

It only works out if they can shift the gear on they have already bought.

Wez you must have more money than sense. Haha

The difference is you and I know what the better product is long term.

You can show the customer samples and if they want that its great, you can bet they want the k-rend FT for the sparkle. We are in business, give the customer exactly as they want!

The difference is you and I know what the better product is long term.

You can show the customer samples and if they want that its great, you can bet they want the k-rend FT for the sparkle. We are in business, give the customer exactly as they want!

K Rends silicone texture has the sparkle as well. It doesn't seem to age like the cheaper acrylics either the job a did a couple of years back (Before it was released to market.) still looks like new and hasn't dulled.

K Rends silicone texture has the sparkle as well. It doesn't seem to age like the cheaper acrylics either the job a did a couple of years back (Before it was released to market.) still looks like new and hasn't dulled.

How can we tell tho it only been out a couple of years.
Obviously the manufacturer will have had the texture on the market long before krend took it on to offer case studies as Steve Logan was explaining but I think most reputable brands texture coat last a long time looking good.

Weber, Marmorit, parex, dryvit, ivas, JUB, brillux, Basf, all looking g good after a decade.

I don't see why people opt for a cheap product when so many good texture finish coats out there for reasonable money.

I did she one or two products hardly known bring in systems to the UK during the eco Gd trend and they looked a bit short of quality

Status
Not open for further replies.