Knauf

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, got a small bedroom to skim week after next, I;ll use it there.. rendering at the mo... freezin my bollox off...lol

Am going:RpS_thumbup: Want to try the sponge next week when am next spraying. Am like a kid I see a new toy and have to have ago.

Yer i've decided sponge is the way, you can finish without but I think its worth it. got to hit it at the right time otherwise its pointless

Rich can you get the guys to setup some internal and external corners and ceilings. When ever we have gone to any training days they never do them and they are the hardest parts to finish when spraying. Ceilings are where most people doubt sprayings suitablity as they think its gonna get mess every where

Hi Steve

we did ceilings with your crew and Danny.... it will be done in the same old unit, so that area should be set up as well.....

I will pass on your request though.

Thanks for your comments and assistance on here marra.....

Yer i've decided sponge is the way, you can finish without but I think its worth it. got to hit it at the right time otherwise its pointless

Rich can you get the guys to setup some internal and external corners and ceilings. When ever we have gone to any training days they never do them and they are the hardest parts to finish when spraying. Ceilings are where most people doubt sprayings suitablity as they think its gonna get mess every where

Do u hit it with the sponge long after u speedskim it.

Spray, speedskim it nice let it pickup a bit. Mist whole surface with water and spong in figure of 8 till nice larthery surface. Lay that back in and trowel as normal. Don't let it pick up to much otherwise the new top will tear away from the bottom

Something like that .When its firmed up. not too aggresive with a clean sponge float! What you spraying?

In co Louth. Was to start it this week then got a text to say its not ready :RpS_cursing: Could have phoned. Any time I do talk to him he try's to get the price down. He is a dick. He text me at 11.45 one night

In co Louth. Was to start it this week then got a text to say its not ready :RpS_cursing: Could have phoned. Any time I do talk to him he try's to get the price down. He is a dick. He text me at 11.45 one night

Always trying to bate the price down ,asking are you busy,if you say no they'll bend you over

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

BG needs Knauf to start kicking there butt. BG went bad a few times once. Cant remember why, so I change to Knauf. Very odd. Did ceilings a treat. Then I went back to BG after a month. It was nice to go back to what I was used to. Would love more stockist...and a free T-shirt :RpS_thumbup:

think i should get a free shirt after all i coverd for knaufs technical assistance team tonight @Runswithscissors :RpS_wink::RpS_wink: haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoke with Richard today, very helpful and honest guy... he gave me a number to call, so I call, leave a message saying Richard gave me the number etc... that was about 9am.... no callback.. so basically **** you Knauf, i wont be trying out your material.. which will not be a loss to yourselves, but it all adds up boys....

Would never happen with BG ! They sort thing out pronto.:RpS_thumbup: like unifinish ....strong bags etc.etc.:rolleyes)

Point is mate Knauf are the minority in the UK, and if they cant be arsed getting back to customers they arent growing far... no sweat for me, just think its a bit crap..

so, decided to try out the MP hand applied skim, so called knauf twice .. 1st time spoke to a nice lad in the technical dept, but really needed someone who was an actual plasterer, so 2nd call was to the training centre.. both calls promised a call back... therefore i will stick to BG.. after all I been using it 30 years.. just thought i would see what the score was with the knauf product.. also was told i would recieve an email from knauf with the technical info on their plasters... guess what.. zilcho... oh well.. no big deal hey...lol
knauf said..............................................

Would never happen with BG ! They sort thing out pronto.:RpS_thumbup: like unifinish ....strong bags etc.etc.:rolleyes)

To be fair whenever I've called BGs technical helpline its been picked up quickly and questions answered swiftly and thoroughly, although I've never asked about the bags.

i thought we answerd your questions last night, ring richard back and call him a cant haha

Status
Not open for further replies.