Knauf one coat

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's mp finish and I love it. It's strange, like been said it just keeps on spreading. feels thick in the bucket and on the spot board but then it spreads like butter, weird. Was using ss trowel to put on,speedskim to flatten then the refina plastic trowel with plenty of water to finish with no tiger stripes. Think I've fallen in love.
Thanks to all.
P.s don't know how to do multiple quotes.

Did you put two coats on?

Hard to leave a poor finish with it. Lovely to put on, no blisters or stripes just hard to find stockists.

i much prefer knaufs mp finish to anything bg produce but for some reason @Runswithscissors doesnt want to push it out there more to try and compete with bg and take them down a peg or 2 haha.
thats right rich i blame it entirely on you ya big barst

You make it sound like I am "KNAUF" LOL

MP Finish is a good product, you just need to remember it is not really like what you have used before, read the instructions and play with it... (ooo err)

Those going to the Knauf day in a few weeks will need to raise all of the availability and other issues with the Marketing and sales guys there - I agree with you, but it is not a product I look after....

Guys - If you want to try it, ask your local distributor or stockist to get some in!

Most stockists will react to "Customer Demand"

if they say no - give our office a call (01795424499) and ask for details of local stockists or the local Knauf area sales persons contact details, so they can assist further....

Give it a go!!!

Hi Spreader 27, when you say One Coat, do you mean a skim plaster at 3mm or a One Coat at 13mm for block work? If it's the skim plaster the main difference is the initial set time of 40 - 45 mins, after this it is the same as our competitors. If I can be of help give me a call on 07771 805996. Clive

Hi Spreader 27, when you say One Coat, do you mean a skim plaster at 3mm or a One Coat at 13mm for block work? If it's the skim plaster the main difference is the initial set time of 40 - 45 mins, after this it is the same as our competitors. If I can be of help give me a call on 07771 805996. Clive
skim coat bud

Yeah it's mp finish and I love it. It's strange, like been said it just keeps on spreading. feels thick in the bucket and on the spot board but then it spreads like butter, weird. Was using ss trowel to put on,speedskim to flatten then the refina plastic trowel with plenty of water to finish with no tiger stripes. Think I've fallen in love.
Thanks to all.
P.s don't know how to do multiple quotes.

U don't need to use plenty of water the less the better. The more water u hit it with the longer the set is. We spray 3sets a day u can put a set on b4 u finish the first 1. Just fall back and dry trowel the first set.

How do you get on spraying finish chlemo are the sites accommodating for you like giving you you're own water supply etc

U don't need to use plenty of water the less the better. The more water u hit it with the longer the set is. We spray 3sets a day u can put a set on b4 u finish the first 1. Just fall back and dry trowel the first set.
Only used plenty of water to reduce the drag, easier on the joints. But yes I could dry trowel no problem at all.

How do you get on spraying finish chlemo are the sites accommodating for you like giving you you're own water supply etc

I have just being spraying it on new private builds. Or for the small builders I do work for. My machine can't mix it just pumps and sprays. We don't need labourer the 2 of us mix up enough to skim for about 25 to 30 boards a set.

Where are you based Spreader....?

You planning on coming to either of the Knauf open days? (both the PFT and MTec machines will be at the initial one in Kent - I think)

Sheffield mate. Kent is a bit too far for me. Will wait for the northerners one though :)

Nice one - There will be one held in Immingham next year....

Register with Danny now to pre book a spot (I think the northern one is proving popular already....)

Get in touch with Les at PFT Northern (based near Rotherham) and he will talk you through machine options, or contact Ryan at Plasterers One Stop Shop for info on their machines.....

The guy Quinns above, is the Knauf Plasters Business Manager. he will be able to advise you further on MP Finish, MP 75 and the Ready Mixed Knauf products.... feel free to contact Clive on his mobile number if you want more info on them....

Thanks for the positive feedback - keep posting! (good and bad!)

Good Luck - stay busy!!

Richard Lord
Knauf Aquapanel Spec Manager

My wrist is fu@ked don't no if I did it plastering or boxing. Did u do any machine plastering yet.

Work with someone who uses one before you even think of buying one mate
Good idea, but don't know anyone using one. Maybe hiring one first for a week or so to see how I get on. Been mentioning machines to other plasterers on site and most seem to screw their face up at the thought of one, maybe change is too much for some people.

Nice one - There will be one held in Immingham next year....

Register with Danny now to pre book a spot (I think the northern one is proving popular already....)

Get in touch with Les at PFT Northern (based near Rotherham) and he will talk you through machine options, or contact Ryan at Plasterers One Stop Shop for info on their machines.....

The guy Quinns above, is the Knauf Plasters Business Manager. he will be able to advise you further on MP Finish, MP 75 and the Ready Mixed Knauf products.... feel free to contact Clive on his mobile number if you want more info on them....

Thanks for the positive feedback - keep posting! (good and bad!)

Good Luck - stay busy!!

Richard Lord
Knauf Aquapanel Spec Manager
cheers bud

Status
Not open for further replies.