Knauf Drywall Plaster News

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah heard form CCF, Gutted there discontinuing Knauf universal board finish, have used it for last 18-24 months and myself and lads who work for me love the stuff, weve perfected how we apply it to suit us and we can get good meterage on and now Knauf have pulled the plug.... Going to have to get to grips with the Mp finish now which we have already used on a previous job but hand applied and didnt think it was as good to use (probably because its designed for machine application) Have been looking into and thinking of adding machine application to skill set for a while so maybe now il have to.

Only thing I'm seeing is 'ends 1970'

So board finish is being discontinued?? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Cee vee yeah there pushing machine plastering so no longer making hand applied plasters (some machine product can be hand applied but less productive than using a machine) click the link then click news on left of page then read the top left article about machine plastering. Try this link Latest News - Knauf Drywall-

Well there's no way I could afford a machine right now :mad:

Neither could 100% of the other spreads I know around my way....

soz lads i should have rephrased the post. I should have said that now that knauf are moving away from hand applied finishing plaster then we will just be left with BG products

Hi Guys

I am no expert in these things, but I think that the Knauf MP Finish Plaster is both a Spray and Hand applied product....... so there is a non machine option!

If this going to cause you guys problems, talk to your usual supplier and get the local Knauf Sales Guy to contact you to discuss options....

We used universal board finish on the new builds, shutter it's finished. Took a while to get used to. Not a patch on big finishing plasters, however it did spread for fun!! Used mp finish, I found laying it in helped a lot then it sat while you prepped up. Got just as good a finish as the old stuff.

We have recently switched from BG to Knauf and must say that MP finish is very nice. Was hand appling last week and works well, takes loads of water to mix up but we averaged 17m2 a bag !

MP is lurverly. Only way I could get the finish I wanted was using the sponge and spatula....but it feels like it was made for that method, and comes up beautiful.

The stuff goes on forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.