Knauf Aquapanel Exterior Question

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

lozzer345

Hi there, I have some decent off cuts of this stuff left over from our extension, can they be used internally as a tile backer in a bathroom ie: is it compatible with standard bathroom tile adhesive? The tiles will cover an area 1.8 meters by 600 mm high.

Lozzer.

Hi Loz

You will be OK to use the exterior as the tile backer, in a domestic application.

just don't use the interior in an external application.

Standard tile internal adhesive will stick no problems (it may dry quicker that you expect though).

Good Luck mate

FYI - Aquapanel Interior has not been freeze thaw tested and is lighter than external - so not suitable for external use.....

Many thanks for that, yes the off cuts I refered to were from an external job, I've never used it before (bloody heavy) TP got me sixteen sheets of Aquapanel Exterior to skin the outside of our small extension I am building, their weight advice on the ticket said the sixteen panels wieghed 556 Kg...Gulp...

TP can't get their waggon up our track so I used my old Landrover which is only a short wheelbase job.
I made up a temporary timber frame to fit in the back with the tailgate down (like wot glaziers stack glass against) I did four trips, it's only 5 mins from our place to TP. I have staggerd the joints and gaped them at 4 mm, only temp fixed with PB screws but I will finish off with some thick gauge SS screws as soon as I can get some, half the Aquapanels are up, the rest should be up by tomorrow night or early Teusday morning, only a small extension, three external walls, extension size 4 meters by 3 meters internal, single storey, apex hieght from GL about 10 ft.
I am 64 years old and have no helper apart from the misses who keeps me going with roll ups, tea and bacon butties, I started the main build (the foundations and slab were put in by me some months previously) just over a week ago, all frames and trusses made on the floor, all up and the roof slates on (ridges to do) internal semi vaulted ceiling all nogged out for PB, need to let everything dry out before insulation and internal vapour barrier goes in, window not in yet but all cut out and clear poly over the opening. I used a knackered (for wood) 244 handsaw to cut the Aquapanels no problem.
On the basis of your advice I will use the off cuts for tile backer in the bathroom, it's just around the bath, it's not a wet room or owt fancy.

Lozzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.