Knackered

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats your opinion on thermal effeciency .... modified S and C vurses anhydrite .

with a flo screed it has to be better,
due to the minimum thermal expansion, and your getting a standard uniform heat transfer from your underfloor heating arnt you, with no voids that youd get in sand and cement

thats how far behind the germans we are 20yrs ago i seen them doing that good product for holding heat never don it myself but looks easier being on your knees

with a flo screed it has to be better,
due to the minimum thermal expansion, and your getting a standard uniform heat transfer from your underfloor heating arnt you, with no voids that youd get in sand and cement

Owls, this may interest you. We use a specific rapid drying additive to SC screeds. Amongst their technical literature they demostrate that, in fact a modified traditional screed showed a greater thermal effeciency than an anhydrite screed.

have a look at this , then would be interested in your opinion.
FlexiDry Fast Drying Floor Screed - Thermal images show cementitious screeds are more efficient

Owls, this may interest you. We use a specific rapid drying additive to SC screeds. Amongst their technical literature they demostrate that, in fact a modified traditional screed showed a greater thermal effeciency than an anhydrite screed.

have a look at this , then would be interested in your opinion.
FlexiDry Fast Drying Floor Screed - Thermal images show cementitious screeds are more efficient

i suppose you cant argue with science can you.

but youd stilll get cold spots though with voids, and sand and cement youd need more volume at 75mm as apossed to flow at 50mm thus heating your room quicker as it has less volume of materials to pass through.

i suppose they each have benefits and as long as they both meet part E regs, and be it if you have M13 spec to follow instead or an M10 for sand and cement.

I have been on jobs where flo screeds been used and it hasn't settled/level'd properly and the chippies have had a nightmare sanding down door bottoms to get them to clear the screed.

A lot quicker method than sand and cement but can get just as many cock up's. Bigger sites seem to love flo though, so fair play i guess.

if you get your prep work sorted, ie your levels worked out etc, there aint a lot to go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.