Kitchen work

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fordon

Got a job in a few weeks time,Its a kitchen which is 20ft by 11ft which needs a stud wall built to incldue door frame etc,ceiling and all walls to be skimmed,new coving puttting up and skirting boards.Quoted £1500.00 inc materials for a weeks work,cheap or steap price?.Walls in fairly good condition,2 coat skim will be fine.

I live in Bristol.

Any thoughts welcome please.

Regards

Paul.

Alright mate im in bristol is it a builder pricing your job? as all they will do is sub it out to different trades, why dont you get a plasterer to do the plastering and boarding and get a chippy to do the rest?

read the thing bod...now i reckon thats an alright quote if you know wot your doing, are prepared to go back and skirt up when its dry (maybe 4" chamfered)- stick it on (none o this plug and pellet stained woodwork shite) and use 3x2 rough cut for the studwork(dont use cls cos youll be shy when you come to skim it) with 75mm cavity batten insulation in the wall..door liner comes in at around 12 quid..need to know how to build a stud wall quick AND get a door liner plumb/square/no twist...
easy money if you know what your doing...
still priced out at a week though...they pay for a job..NOT DAY RATE!!!!!
dont forget customers read this too bodster... :cool:

ive had a day off...killed the lads last 3 days...their choice not mine, they on day rate anyway...can u tell?? :D

only 2 mate, theyre both newbies..one is family...still gotta teach the other how to actually use a 'BRUSH' u know the thing with the bristles on...and a 'SHOVEL' the thing with the handle and a square bit on one end...o and it takes 2 HANDS to use either of em...etc etc etc...god i really wanna top myself somedays... :D

thing is.. i reckon if i had 2 actual plasterers on site theyd pick it up quicker...they seem to think im a one off??? i work too hard etc etc..f'ckin kids man...

believe me bod...if it was ongoing work, or specially not family id have binned em both first day...effort gets rewarded in my book...
get this...
the other lad (best mate of my missus lad)
asked him to clean up the hallway...pointed out a few bits of shite...
he actually swept ROUND any obstacles and only cleaned ONE SIDE of the hallway leaving 2 big piles that ID ALREADY SWEPT UP and then said 'o did you want me to clean that side too?'
he's only comin back to mix up on the next bit of rendering...what must go through his parents head??

believe me bod...if it was ongoing work, or specially not family id have binned em both first day...effort gets rewarded in my book...
get this...
the other lad (best mate of my missus lad)
asked him to clean up the hallway...pointed out a few bits of shite...
he actually swept ROUND any obstacles and only cleaned ONE SIDE of the hallway leaving 2 big piles that ID ALREADY SWEPT UP and then said 'o did you want me to clean that side too?'
he's only comin back to mix up on the next bit of rendering...what must go through his parents head??
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D my son came out with me ....... once ;D

know wot i mean innit :-X
has anybody got anyone age 17-20 that DOESNT think the world owes em a livin..
where the f'ck are we gonna be tradeswise next generation???

why is you disrispectin da yoof maan, dat is like racism but for like yoof an dat. any way like werkin hard is like against helf an saftey an dat innit.

All the young kids we have had with us are always bloody texting and have some what of an atitude on them, bloke i work with got no patience at all and usualy wants to throw em off the scaffold after an hour ;D

All the young kids we have had with us are always bloody texting and have some what of an atitude on them, bloke i work with got no patience at all and usualy wants to throw em off the scaffold after an hour ;D
i really dont blame the poor sod..i think we should have tazers or something...f'ckin little w'ankers...

son 20, daughters 18 and 3, son starts uni next month, the building industry won't miss him! i love em all tho!

now then pug...i aint got no kids...1/2 and 1/2 regret it/ maybe not...but if it were my kids i THINK id bring em up my way...
theyre HER kids...spoilt, mollycoddled, call it what you like but its down to her f'ckin laziness they can do wot they f'ckin like...
not good for their future but i step in and she thinks im gonna finish off their education? cant happen, too late...be honest i want out, theyve been brought up to be a bunch of wasters and if i had a better offer id easy take it...hope the thick b'tch dont read this...

do you feel better now you've got that off your chest?! thing is segs, socrates was moaning about the "youth of today" 2800 yrs ago! nothing really changes mate ;)

no!!!! thing is..i was a grafter from age 16 nay age 12..its the way my old man was and the way ill always be!! half of my stress levels go on 'managing' people that havent really got the life experience to understand that what i do is hard work, never mind plastering...if i turned round and said 'ok, you get the work, look after the customer, decide on the mix, rate of work, soutrce the materials, access etc. etc, etc, theyd just turn round and say 'ill get my mum/dad to do it'
thing is if i lay into em i risk my relationship...
im seriously thinkin of binning the whole f'ckin lot...seroiusly man...
has something in the nutrition levels/education system changed? or am i a complete w'nker?..dont answer that...

Yes guys that's the price Inc materials,done a lot of stud walls so not a problem but just wanted your thoughts on price.

Cheers Paul.

now then pug...i aint got no kids...1/2 and 1/2 regret it/ maybe not...but if it were my kids i THINK id bring em up my way...
theyre HER kids...spoilt, mollycoddled, call it what you like but its down to her f'ckin laziness they can do wot they f'ckin like...
not good for their future but i step in and she thinks im gonna finish off their education? cant happen, too late...be honest i want out, theyve been brought up to be a bunch of wasters and if i had a better offer id easy take it...hope the thick b'tch dont read this...
its hard tryin to bring som1 elses kids up my my lass has got 1 n a feel fekin powerless she just lets him do what he wants spoilt little cvnt just got no say in the matter he thinks hes the boss :eek:

Yes guys that's the price Inc materials,done a lot of stud walls so not a problem but just wanted your thoughts on price.

Cheers Paul.

If you get it its a really good price, material wise under £200 so not bad for a few days.

Lad I used mostly, Tom, is 16 and off to join the army.
Sad loss. The boy was a marvel. Work ethic like i ain't seen in a lot of adults and would do anything regardless of how sh***y. He learnt quick too and I was just teaching him to lay on.
He did a day on a job with me and Danny that ended up taking 15 hours. He didn't complain once. Even when Danny threw the gear at him and put his hat in the bucket cos he got gravel in the mix. He just laughed.

I agree with segs though. It's the parents. His dad was a floor layer and a real grafter. Kids today are introduced to the concept early on that the world owes em.

I got two 16 yr old boys who work with me occasionally and they wouldn't dare fk me about.

Some people say slap the kids. Personally I'd slap the parents!!

thing that they dont relise is if you show willing and pay attention you can stay out of factories and earn a decent wage but kids dont wanna start at the bottom they want huge pay and think they should be doin the job straight away not sweepin up n mixin.

Status
Not open for further replies.