• Marshalltown 14" pre-worn trowel
  • Speedskim 600 (plaster & metal)
  • Flexi Buckets
  • Refina 8" trowel
  • 1.8m darby
  • Paddle mixer (variable speed)
  • Ibuprofen

Don't have patience yet, can't find it cheap enough

You'll need a hawk mate and the boarding tools, impact driver, level, knife etc, wet brush or spray bottle too.

Hi mate, I forgot to put the hawk duhh!

Got a digital level and a knife

Not got a wet brush (dare I ask what that is?), spray bottle check!

You'll need a hawk mate and the boarding tools, impact driver, level, knife etc, wet brush or spray bottle too.

Easifil check!

Forgot to add sander, got a Lidl one (or Aldi), it's a rebadged Einhell, seems to be a good one - got me out of a few hard spots with the missus!! Got all the different grits too, I'm amazed at how well it takes the plaster back to being almost flat

Possibly a corner trowel (twitcher) and small tool/pipe trowel. Handy to get into awkward areas.

Big bag of easifil and a sander ;)

Easifil check!

Forgot to add sander, got a Lidl one (or Aldi), it's a rebadged Einhell, seems to be a good one - got me out of a few hard spots with the missus!! Got all the different grits too, I'm amazed at how well it takes the plaster back to being almost flat

I was kinda joking about the easifil and sander mate, but always useful. Good for certain patch repairs though, as you can feather edges out to nothing which you can't really do as well with skim.

Sounds like you have most of it sorted. I'd resist the temptation to get caught up in trying/buying whatever trowel seems flavour of the month though. Can't really go wrong with a MT.
Good luck :)

Thanks Crispy!

I've tried to do feathering, for some reason I've become rusty at it all (polite work for crp..)

I spent a good while looking at trowels and was in the camp of just because everyone says it's good, doesn't mean it is, so I tried a refina 14", sent it straight back, was awful, got the MT, a lovely fit on my small hands. I need to get a replacement handle on it as the pressure washer I use to clean the gear is a commercial version and a little too powerful, it's made a few marks :eek:

I was kinda joking about the easifil and sander mate, but always useful. Good for certain patch repairs though, as you can feather edges out to nothing which you can't really do as well with skim.

Sounds like you have most of it sorted. I'd resist the temptation to get caught up in trying/buying whatever trowel seems flavour of the month though. Can't really go wrong with a MT.
Good luck :)

Ah strange that, I bought 25 litres of pva from selco today! I used a bit to kill the world's largest spider in the bath - the little critter refused to be flushed down :endesacuerdo:

Do you roll the pva mixture on, or do you brush? I've been told its personal preference. When I put it on it's always going down my arms... Great fun to pull off :guitarra: I'm doing a mix of 3pva:1water

Roller and bucket for your PVA is useful I find. Hammer, scraper, bucket trowel to mention a few. Always come in handy at some point

Ah strange that, I bought 25 litres of pva from selco today! I used a bit to kill the world's largest spider in the bath - the little critter refused to be flushed down :endesacuerdo:

Do you roll the pva mixture on, or do you brush? I've been told its personal preference. When I put it on it's always going down my arms... Great fun to pull off :guitarra: I'm doing a mix of 3pva:1water
I roll it.. I find it quicker

don't forget tin snips for cutting beads,, scratcher make your own, I always use a bristle from a stiff brush to put a key mark on bonding coats don't forget electrical screw driver for socket and switch covers toaster for morning tea

The first thing I do with all trades - get the kettle on and what you want to eat at regular intervals. I would get bacon butties and at Easter, get them and their kids eggs, least I could do. Strangely enough I never had issues with trades round my house :maraca:

Defo kettle! Especially for the dry lunch customers that don’t even offer you a glass of water! :mad:

Larry me old mucker gets this retro cool buddy.
marshalltown-20-x-15-canvas-tool-bag-m831.jpg

The first thing I do with all trades - get the kettle on and what you want to eat at regular intervals. I would get bacon butties and at Easter, get them and their kids eggs, least I could do. Strangely enough I never had issues with trades round my house :maraca:
You put files in easter eggs . Couldnt help me sen soz

Ohh that looks nice, at the moment I've got a big wheeled box, however, my hawk doesn't fit in it properly (it's a draper take apart plastic one - I'll get an aluminium one when it breaks). Forgot to add I've also got a MT rasp and a plasterboard saw :sisi:

Larry me old mucker gets this retro cool buddy.