kilsaren mono

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plastererdown

Has anyone ever used mono from kilsaren? they are a company based in the Republic of Ireland and they are very keenly priced on mono. I Have 1100m2 to do on a job in the next few weeks, I was looking at k1 but really been put off by all the bad reports of cracking.
Any thoughts???

Cheers, Yes that was the plan. I was just worried about curing times. I'll be spraying on about 120 bags a day so didn't want any late nights if it can be heped.

I have been using Kilsaran mono this year without any cracking problems but it has always been on their high bond base coat and at a maximum 10mm.

Very little aggregate in it, it is the smoothest mono I have come across and the customers like it. Will defo be buying more as the price is good.

Not a fast setter though, at 20c about 10hrs but my last wall was an overnighter. Sprayed by 7 and scraped back next morning at 7 but it was a tad too hard for my liking. Occupied old house so some heat loss, new build might be ok.

It picks up almost immediately and is a bugger to rule it goes that stiff so spray a bit wetter than normal and you will find it ok.

Certainly will be using more of this stuff and Alan will look after you, even will come and do a site visit to see how you are going on. Their Ceresit bucket coat is good as well.

They don't give any warranty though which is a no go with some private customers.

See you are in the north west, they are In Old Trafford.

Last edited:
parex is good but i have a grudge with the frogs.

I had my honeymoon in France and never been so unwelcome! Couldn't wait to get out of that Country. Horrible people.

I'm from northern ireland, it's a uttiform v2 mate. Can't say I've used cpi mono, where I'm at it's either k-rend or weber

Am in co louth do u do any work in the south. I have 500 m2 of lime to do. it has to get 2 coats we could do with a diesel machine to spray it like a v2

Am in co louth do u do any work in the south. I have 500 m2 of lime to do. it has to get 2 coats we could do with a diesel machine to spray it like a v2
Never sprayed lime mortar before but I could give you a hand no problem, definitely couldn't be any harder than hand applying. Pm me and we'll get something sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.