Keeping thin coat renders clean while drying.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runswithscissors

Private Member
Hello fellow asylum playmates.....

I am working on a project with a very demanding client!!!!

They have a new building in construction, which will have Knauf Aquapanel Exterior applied and then a full Knauf Marmorit thin coat system (SM700, mesh and then Conni s)..... the Conni s will be white with a 2mm grit....

The problem is, it is in a fairly exposed area open to sometimes fairly high winds...... these winds pick up a lot of dust and grit due to the location.

The work is planned to be done off cherrypickers (due to access and building position).... how do you stop the dust and crap getting into the bright white top coat while it drys?

Best answer may win a prize from the client! (don't ask me what.....)

Last edited:
How tall is the building rich ? If its. Standard size house i have a solution to cover it teporary that will outlast any wind etc. But i aint just giving the info up. I wanna know what the prize is and then i will decide. Ps. I like boats these days

The only thing I would suggest is a scaffolding with a protective netting wraped round it sheets aren't really an option as they blow around and hit the wall , best of luck

It is a commercial office building....... 3 storey with some stepped flat roofs..... about 1000m2 of render on all 4 walls and and a 100 ish m2 external soffit as well......

The client is not wanting to add much more to the build cost or programme either..... typical client!

Jonesy - the client may stretch to an Airfix battleship! LOL
Cheers PWI - that was the initial option I gave..... they are more worried about dust - loads of in where this building is....

Im working on a new Particle Infused Sterile Stabilisation Emitting Device.also know as the P.I.S.S.E.D. which i reckon i could modify into something that you could use rich . obviously i couldnt discuss the exact details on an open forum, however everyman has his price.............:RpS_thumbup:

I think you need to contact Erbert & Gerbert to solve this one mate :RpS_thumbup:

Think you need a few of these to blast the dust away from the building it's the only way Marra...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello fellow asylum playmates.....

I am working on a project with a very demanding client!!!!

They have a new building in construction, which will have Knauf Aquapanel Exterior applied and then a full Knauf Marmorit thin coat system (SM700, mesh and then Conni s)..... the Conni s will be white with a 2mm grit....

The problem is, it is in a fairly exposed area open to sometimes fairly high winds...... these winds pick up a lot of dust and grit due to the location.

The work is planned to be done off cherrypickers (due to access and building position).... how do you stop the dust and crap getting into the bright white top coat while it drys?

Best answer may win a prize from the client! (don't ask me what.....)

why cant they just add an accelerator to it?
we use them in winter add it directly to the pale, we use them in around 5-10c and it dries within an hour, so at this time of year with temps still getting to 18 ish id imagine it would dry sooner than that.

as soon as the builder said cherrypicker i would have told him to do it him self. jobs a dead loss

Owls - with the accelerator, does the finish stay sticky or skim over quiet quick?
how long do you have between applying and rubbing up with the accelerator?
is that a Marm product?
does spraying the finish coat make it dry quicker?

Definately seeing a need to just get P.I.S.S.E.D.

Marra - will this new P.I.S.S.E.D. machine run off a few AA batteries? This job is in the UK so solar power is pointless!

Cheers guys

Owls - with the accelerator, does the finish stay sticky or skim over quiet quick?
is that a Marm product?

Marra - will this new P.I.S.S.E.D. machine run off a few AA batteries? This job is in the UK so solar power is pointless!

Cheers guys

Rich, i just run the P.I.S.S.E.D of my Genetically Enhanced Noncompliant Nescience Youngin or for short a G.E.N.N.Y...................:RpS_thumbup:

Let me guess......

The G.E.N.N.Y. is filled from cans, usually available in packs of 4,6,8,12 or 24, and to further enhance the performance of the P.I.S.S.E.D. machine, it is best to mix these cans 1 for the G.E.N.N.Y. 1 for you!!

I think I have seen these types of machines used over a lunchtime on many sites - then the true professionals then top up their G.E.N.N.Y. at the end of the day before heading home (usually with the labourer driving!)

LOL

is that a Marm product?

Cheers guys

no its a parex product.
it skims over quite quickly, it stays workable for a while intially. we were putting it on by hand and had plenty of time to rub over.

Let me guess......

The G.E.N.N.Y. is filled from cans, usually available in packs of 4,6,8,12 or 24, and to further enhance the performance of the P.I.S.S.E.D. machine, it is best to mix these cans 1 for the G.E.N.N.Y. 1 for you!!

I think I have seen these types of machines used over a lunchtime on many sites - then the true professionals then top up their G.E.N.N.Y. at the end of the day before heading home (usually with the labourer driving!)

LOL

These G.E.N.N.Y.s can be quite manhour intensive in terms of keeping them running effectively. Its best not to mix certain can products as this can hind performance.....infact you could say its an exact science , Rich

nick cheek?
give him some gyp on my behalf. were rendering all the sample walls etc at parex's new product training centre in the north, so im seeing a fair bit of him myself at the moment.

Marra - I have to admit to putting in a few man hours into some can testing myself yesterday evening......

seemed to have slowed my own G.E.N.N.Y. down today though.....

I think I need some more man hours spent on training for this chemically enhanced fuel material .....

I have heard good things about the non canned fuel, provided in socially filled town centre Photovoltaic Urbanised Battery Storages (P.U.B.S.).... any comment?

Last edited:
nick cheek?
give him some gyp on my behalf. were rendering all the sample walls etc at parex's new product training centre in the north, so im seeing a fair bit of him myself at the moment.

Where is that based Marra?

What do I need to say to him to wind him up then?

Marra - I have to admit to putting in a few man hours into some can testing myself yesterday evening......

seemed to have slowed my own G.E.N.N.Y. down today though.....

I think I need some more man hours spent on training for this chemically enhanced fuel material .....

I have heard good things about the non canned fuel, provided in socially filled town centre Photovoltaic Urbanised Battery Storages (P.U.B.S.).... any comment?

too many restricitions with that type of setup marra. The G.E.N.N.Y. is more mobile. no need for hard standing. Just fill it up and go.........also cheaper to run

Status
Not open for further replies.