Keeping it clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffplast

What's everyone's preferred methods for protecting carpet??

I normally use those disposable dust sheets and mask them to the skirting, then have a proper sheet over the top, any other good methods that work for you's?

bought a carpet protector oll off ebay, cheap and good stuff. do it round the edges tight to the skirt and a normal dust sheet for the rest in the middle.

I buy a roll of carpet protector and saw it in two. I then spread out disposable waterproof dustsheets from toolstation all over the floor leaving a gap next to skirting board. I then go round the skirting board with the carpet protector tight to the skirting and overlapping the dustsheets. Mask all joins then normal dust sheets on top. Most cost effective way of doing it.

Got waterproof dust sheets from r and j years ago and they are amazing, a good shake and plaster falls off.

Blue tarps from tool station. Staple through carpet in the corners. Waterproof. Cheap Leaves the place spotless. You wont spend the day catching your feet under them and putting them back down. Will staple if its floorboards. If its a finished floor like tile laminate or oak I use floor protector in half around edges and tape tarps onto this.

Everbuilds roll and stroll is the one , lots of difo makes and cheap versions which are shite , never had a problem with roll and stroll and quite thick compared to the cheap shite , i normally do the full room with it , rather than just edges and sheet in middle . As my opinion dust still gets to the carpet , roll and stroll normally cleans ppls carpets when you lift it

Used some carpet protector roll from wickes £12 worked a treat on stair case n landing carpet.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Everbuilds roll and stroll is the one , lots of difo makes and cheap versions which are shite , never had a problem with roll and stroll and quite thick compared to the cheap shite , i normally do the full room with it , rather than just edges and sheet in middle . As my opinion dust still gets to the carpet , roll and stroll normally cleans ppls carpets when you lift it

Used to do that but surprising how many carpets are full of **** and it won't stay down properly. I use it wherever im walking in the house. Up the stairs etc. Last thing you want is a customer tripping on a dustsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.