Keeping drive and windows clean

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

shapeshifter

Lately, i have had so many customers moaning at me for the mess we make.

I explain that its impossible not to make a mess when putting something that is practically a liquid on the wall.

I lay tarps every where and we cover the windows as best as poss. We then wipe windows, hose and brush the drive everyday. I explain that on the last day, we will clean all windows and jetspray the drive, but the fu ckers still moan.

what do you guys do to protect the outside of peoples houses and drives?

Do you clean the windows ect...?

when we're tyroleaning if its only one day we use building paper to cover the windows. if its gonna be up for a couple of days use clean polythene so they still get light in the rooms. lay sheets or bits of ply on the floor around where your working but generally its just a case of being as tidy as you can.

those thin corrogated sheets are very good for the floors, they are 8 by 4 sheets and can be walked on quite safely. You can brush em off into a skip at the end of the day.
What mess are you making

sprayit said:
those thin corrogated sheets are very good for the floors, they are 8 by 4 sheets and can be walked on quite safely. You can brush em off into a skip at the end of the day.
What mess are you making
cordex ;D

sprayit said:
What mess are you making

Render that is dropped. It all mainly goes on the tarps, but some does splatter on things and creeps under the tarps. People want the impossible i think.

get some ply cut to 12 inch strips. put your tarps down and put the ply under the stop bead and ontop of the tarp. that way it will just hit the ply and go onto the tarp and the tarps wont move

Ask them what and where excactly they consider unnessesary mess for the job you are doing, you may be able to improve yourself. Let them offer their opinion on how they would avoid it.

corex on the deck taped to the wall under the bell cast. low tack round the window perimiters and then drop a speedymask down the pane. also use dust sheets over the corex to stop slips from mix area

we have tended to make a bigger effort in this area

using either osb or hardboard sheets over work area covered with tarp where mixing

cover windows with plastic window film (blue tint )gaffer tape edges if needed

but......

still end up finding cr.p on floor and windows after??

good wash down of windows ---clean windows with glass cleaner

jet wash drive

still never 100%

not yet had anyone complain though ----yet!!!

anyone else hate rendering underside of bellcast bead over windows ...........that for me is what makes most mess over windows----

Status
Not open for further replies.