Keeping angles clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
Hi fellas

Was doing a bay window on friday. Skimmed the main face of the wall then later in the afternoon went back to do the reveal of the window. As i was skimming the reveals my wet plaster started goin on to the main face of the wall which was pretty dry/hard.

I used a clean damp sponge to wipe the front wall to remove the excess plaster but if left a grainy residue on the beaded area of the front wall.

ANy tips on how to deal with this excess plaster.

Drench your inch brush in CLEAN clean water then, from top to bottom, scrub it away. Easy.

Also, take the excess off the already plastered side of the bead between putting on and trowelling, just as it starts to firm. Try and do it when it's too wet and it just smears everywhere.

Only use sponges to wipe excess plaster of internal angles you want to use an old bicycle pump on externals or a lamp shade

ive gotta say it...my heads telling me not to. my hearts saying go for it..

get a plasterer in

There there go and run a nice warm bath and make good use of that nice skimming trowel and slash you're wrists with it :)

Hi fellas

Was doing a bay window on friday. Skimmed the main face of the wall then later in the afternoon went back to do the reveal of the window. As i was skimming the reveals my wet plaster started goin on to the main face of the wall which was pretty dry/hard.

I used a clean damp sponge to wipe the front wall to remove the excess plaster but if left a grainy residue on the beaded area of the front wall.

ANy tips on how to deal with this excess plaster.

just leave it then when youv done just run ya trowel down the bead and it will come straight off

Status
Not open for further replies.