K4 weber chalk water setting

Jim85

Hi

I'm using weber chalk thru my k4 for first time next week. I know how to set it up with k1 but I got told what to set the water at which made it easy.

Also I mite try putting wickes hardener in it to do same day scrape if i can.

How many bags do u get thru to a barrel of water? 30ish? Before it needs topping up And am I about rite to put 5 litre tub of accelerator into a 210 litre drum?

If I don't do that will it be ok for next day. I'm going onto rend aid

If it was k rend id just do next day but not so sure with weber

Thanks for the help

I'll double check the water setting for you. Always best to test via the test pipe.

Keith is right about additives. I would be wary using these

Weber chalk same day scrape unless really cold, early on and late scrape. Don't be messing your pumps solenoid up with additives if you're new to using it. Start up wetter than usual as it's grainier, there are fewer pigments in chalk so it tightens up quickly.

Weber chalk same day scrape unless really cold, early on and late scrape. Don't be messing your pumps solenoid up with additives if you're new to using it. Start up wetter than usual as it's grainier, there are fewer pigments in chalk so it tightens up quickly.
Good advice there mate

Thanks guys I'll sack that idea then.

will I still get same day when clocks change? On for 10 and open it up between 1 and 2? Scraped before dark?

On a fairly moderate day i would say yes, overnight scrape with chalk is a risk, less is more. Spray less and bead and prep for your next day if you can to fill up your day.

chalk is probably the quickest setter out of all colours and brands. I would still put 1.5 tubs in a water barrel tho. We put 3 in ivory today,60 bags on for 10 past 9 on the way home at 1.15.

Nice one I'm spraying Webber chalk next week and didn't know that about there being fewer pigments in it[emoji1534]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one I'm spraying Webber chalk next week and didn't know that about there being fewer pigments in it[emoji1534]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither did I! Disaster avoided again thanks to tpf!! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Always start off with tour water up higher than you need without hoses let it run into a bucket as you slowly lower your water until it lools summit like. (not stiff) then bang your hoses on.

We never lower the start water setting even if we use a material that runs at 260 etc. We always start at 400 (G5 machine) for the material check and go down feom tuere once powder is through the rotor.

As Jrend says he uses more chalk than anyone i know

Weve had a k4 along side us this week and using that method been fine.

Always start off with tour water up higher than you need without hoses let it run into a bucket as you slowly lower your water until it lools summit like. (not stiff) then bang your hoses on.

We never lower the start water setting even if we use a material that runs at 260 etc. We always start at 400 (G5 machine) for the material check and go down feom tuere once powder is through the rotor.

As Jrend says he uses more chalk than anyone i know

Weve had a k4 along side us this week and using that method been fine.
What do you think of the k4 ?

Wasnt using it personally mate it belongs to a mate of mine we had 2 running at rhe same time

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk