K1-render

Members online

No members online now.

Oxford

Afternoon!

I am sorry I haven't been on the talk group for a while

I have had a K1 render enquiry but I haven't done much to be honest I have only done two jobs in the past 3 years and they weren't big

I am really looking for some feed back on my method of tackling it. It will be on middle-dense block work, I was planning on using 15mm beads, 6mm HP12 and 12mm top coat and scrap back next day with the I-beam and scratcher.

Please feel free to comment!!

Ps its being hand applied

Afternoon!

I have had a K1 render enquiry but I haven't done much to be honest I have only done two jobs in the past 3 years and they weren't big

I am really looking for some feed back on my method of tackling it. It will be on middle-dense block work, I was planning on using 15mm beads, 6mm HP12 and 12mm top coat and scrap back next day with the I-beam and scratcher.

Or you could just put a tight coat of hp12 with mesh and then use 10 mm beads for the top coat . That's what I usually do . Nothing wrong with k1 I love it going through my ritmo .

We started spraying at 1.30 Tuesday with k1 silicone over hpx finished at around 3pm. Came back at 6.30 and it made me suicidal trying to bar it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We started spraying at 1.30 Tuesday with k1 silicone over hpx finished at around 3pm. Came back at 6.30 and it made me suicidal trying to bar it back

Temps were well up, and HPX does make the top dry a bit quicker we've found.

Awkward time of year with temps all over the place.

Jamie that sounds like an intense morning, I haven't used the HPX before does it suck more than the HP12? Are you planning on doing same day scrape now?

Jamie that sounds like an intense morning, I haven't used the HPX before does it suck more than the HP12? Are you planning on doing same day scrape now?

Hpx is all we use cos that's what k rend spec but it kills the suction I think.

K1 is always a slow setter. I wouldn't try a same day scrape with it yet. Never used accelerator in it. It's great in the winter but shite for the summer! Takes forever to get the bar on it in the summer. Trying to find a supplier for Weber for summer where we are apart from sig cos they're a big bunch of helmets.

Hpx is all we use cos that's what k rend spec but it kills the suction I think.

K1 is always a slow setter. I wouldn't try a same day scrape with it yet. Never used accelerator in it. It's great in the winter but shite for the summer! Takes forever to get the bar on it in the summer. Trying to find a supplier for Weber for summer where we are apart from sig cos they're a big bunch of helmets.

Yep sig are c**ts there only five mins from me but fooked an ordered up so fook them I only use rendit now .

Afternoon!

Mesh the stress areas.

Thanks for the feed back, I will use mesh in the scratch and next fay scrape.

I will put some picture up once finished! That's if I get the job