K1/ hard work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

clivo

does anyone seal new blockwork before spraying K1 ? Put on about 30m2 in afternoon, came back in morn and it was bloody hard work to scrape, also a few cracks which as you know are nightmare to patch. all ok when laying onto an hpx base coat but think im gunna give parex a go on next one !

Lol, put a wall on Wednesday around 3pm(Parex) and temps went through the roof late afternoon. Back at the job at 5am cutting back and home for 730am. All of this on pre soaked 7n block Clivo.

I have been using Kilsaran on the super bond scratch coat with no problems. But I had the porch to do at 18mm in two passes on dry concrete blocks with mesh In between coats..

Put on by 11am in the shade but a slight breeze was hitting it. Got back at 2.30pm to scrape back and small cracks here and there. I would expect it on any mono under the circumstances and I pressed the cracks up tight and scraped back under debris netting. Left the wall apparently crack free and fully covered up but now wish I had put microgobetis on the blocks. Or at least wet down the blocks the day before. Only 3m2 put still a worry.

How do the guys in lets say Tenerife sort out the suction? I've seen a few **** jobs but also a few nice ones, big hits too!

I have been using Kilsaran on the super bond scratch coat with no problems. But I had the porch to do at 18mm in two passes on dry concrete blocks with mesh In between coats..

Put on by 11am in the shade but a slight breeze was hitting it. Got back at 2.30pm to scrape back and small cracks here and there. I would expect it on any mono under the circumstances and I pressed the cracks up tight and scraped back under debris netting. Left the wall apparently crack free and fully covered up but now wish I had put microgobetis on the blocks. Or at least wet down the blocks the day before. Only 3m2 put still a worry.

Not sure john. We never had a crack in parex.

The Irish stuff seems to be prone. Its not rocket science that the blend from the aggergates in the ground are just different than from the continent or Europe where the raw materials must differ slightly. Maybe more lime

That's not say Parex doesn't crack by the way. All render can. Just some worse than others

Cracks from the application I mean not a crack appearing later on from movement

Yes, unless it is done in the colder, damper months I am not going to do 18mm on dry blocks without some sort of pre-rend. Unless it is Parex, Granicem.

Why u not using the granicem then these days pal ?

Thought you were all over it and it is fantastic gear

does anyone know if they do K1 in the WP finish ? ? ? or egrade for that matter.

also anyone using this - is it better than egrade for spraying ? ? wh have egrade and k1 now where do they go from here ?

I sprayed weber last week for the first time,got a quote from my local Jewsons 13 a bag.got from Plymouth Sheffield in the end and was 8 a bag!!!
Jewson is owned by st gobian which owns webers, work that out!!!

I sprayed weber last week for the first time,got a quote from my local Jewsons 13 a bag.got from Plymouth Sheffield in the end and was 8 a bag!!!
Jewson is owned by st gobian which owns webers, work that out!!![/QUOTE,
I done a job few months back ,got weber to give me a price as it was 13 pallets ,lorry load ,the guys at minster were cheaper and thats who they delivered it to :RpS_confused: funny old game

Last edited:
I done a job few months back ,got weber to give me a price as it was 13 pallets ,lorry load ,the guys at minster where cheaper and thats who they delivered it to :RpS_confused: funny old game

Jews on is a total rip mate. Don't entertain it.

8 for pral is there about. 7.50 for anything with a k on it is good but it should be at the coverage.

Just started using k1 after mainly using weber and it's not bad, and it's Cheaper which helps!
Got a job coming up soon for k1 (300m2), whats it like compared to the others, (e-grade, parex,ect)
Does it stay softer than egrade? whats the workability like?
Went off egrade because of the hair line cracking problems, apparently the k1 is supposed to be a bit more flexible to overcome this?
Would appreciate feedback.
Thanks

Got a job coming up soon for k1 (300m2), whats it like compared to the others, (e-grade, parex,ect)
Does it stay softer than egrade? whats the workability like?
Went off egrade because of the hair line cracking problems, apparently the k1 is supposed to be a bit more flexible to overcome this?
Would appreciate feedback.
Thanks

As it is not silicon based it is a lot more workable,to be honest K1 still has the hairline cracking issues, I found two passes helped. If they can resolve this problem

I would put it on par with weber

That's a lofty claim then. despite people having issues with weber cracking it sprays and rules one of the best.

Very mixed reviews on k1 still some people saying its dreadful. Some say as good as weber.....

Only one way to find out!

Thanks albertnobacon. Whats the waiting time like for same day scrape?(standard 7N blocks) same as parex?
The only thing is it doesn't have a BBA cert at the moment.

I like the fact that if you get weber on by a decent time it's getting finished the same day for sure.
Used sas gear last year it hung for 24 hrs at 18c.

Bit of a nuisance these slow setters in Spring and Autumn. Fine on a warm day with a 6.30am start otherwise late spray early scrape which does not go down well with the workers. Did Kilsaran this week 7.30 start, spraying at 8am and finished for 7.30pm. Go home in-between for a few hours. My men now want paying unsociable hours money.

Unless it is Weber which it won't be then I am stumped either way!

Getting same days on Parex with no probs lately. Start at 7 all sprayed for 10 30 ish. One bad day on Thurs when it went cold and wet.

Jrend had a few sets last week with accelerator. Spraying from 8ish scraping at 2 no problem with monorex. Finished for half 3 I bet

I used some Weber accelerator with their OCR at 4 water to 1 accelerator and it set in 10 minutes! Set before I could get it all out of the gorilla tub!

But with spraying then yes it is certainly worth a try? Need to keep hush though if it is a Warranty job. So how much to say an industrial wheelie bin? And how do you go on with adding a said amount then as the water is being consumed and being replenished with a ball valve then the ratio towards the end is getting weaker when we ought to be making it stronger towards the end.

I found Wickes accelerator works well in winter.

ps. Looked at the Parex Website. They make Axel 3000 as an accelerator. Anyone got an idea of price? Weber's cost me nearly £100 and according to their Carribean cat Felix the ration is 5 water to 1 accelerator. But I reckon he has got it wrong (again) as if it goes of like the OCR did earlier this week it will set in the pipes?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.