K screed alternatives?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashandben

Had a call today from someone asking if i knew any alternative to K Screed, i have used K screed a lot in the past, subbing to firms but don't know of any substitute.........anyone know of any available product?

what is the problem with k screed ? the only problems that i can think of is that you had to have the licence from isocrete, and it has got to go through a screed pump or a screed master.
the only alternative that i can think of is a floscreed.

No problem with K screed Malc, theres about 25mtrs that had k screed on the spec, loads of small areas in a hospital that need patching, i didn't want to lose the job to a isocrete licencee, there's about 150mtrs to do in total, i'm looking for an alternative that's all, i can get hold of k screed if i wanted it but if things did go wrong i wouldn't have been licensed to lay it.<br>We have sourced cemscreed now anyway, hopefully that will do the job.

k screed is a rapid drying floor screed. its not flowable. There are alternatives just google quick drying screed

No problem with K screed Malc, theres about 25mtrs that had k screed on the spec, loads of small areas in a hospital that need patching, i didn't want to lose the job to a isocrete licencee, there's about 150mtrs to do in total, i'm looking for an alternative that's all, i can get hold of k screed if i wanted it but if things did go wrong i wouldn't have been licensed to lay it.<br>We have sourced cemscreed now anyway, hopefully that will do the job.

if you want to change the spec. i would get the ok from the architect. i would not change the spec on my oun bat. they will tell you that it their choice of materials not yours, so get the floors up.
i saw this mistake made by oconnells and it cost them £10,000

k screed is a rapid drying floor screed. its not flowable. There are alternatives just google quick drying screed

we have laid k screed floors for a company that had the isocreate licence for years.
but they are no longer laid in the netherlands, as there has been to many insurance claims for back injury there is only flowable screed now.

ive looked at it before for different jobs. its an additive that you put with your screed mix. s craig down your way are licensees cashben

if they spec k screed, thats is what they require. the licence holder will supply the product, and earn top money.
oconnells would travel all over europe and north africa pumping k screed, they where a large plastering firm, with 16 screed pumps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.