K Rendering, u either love it or hate it

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
K rendering a gable in a york colour, the window stone fell to bits after sand blasting so decided to do that asell. Window looked well without beads and we kept to the old profile and shape it rubbed up a treat.

mancheter rendering longstroke plastering.jpg k endering manchester longstroke plastering.jpg krendering2.jpg

Sorry pal, I don't like that at all. Would have been far better IMO to repair the stone and K-rend around it. Also I have to mention the margin around the window is less than desirable.

I agree it all looks too much and needs to be broke up, architects fault or the thick **** you're subbing of mate he should have known better really

Thanks for your op fella, We said that at first but the customer was complaining on the price to have the stone restored s/c and topd with a acrylic render with kiln dried sand, york stone dust and dye as they didnt want it painted. We were sat in the van saying noooo love you dont want that doing in k rend lol it needs painting and she said go on ill buy your dinner and pay for an extra 2 bags of gear instead. Some times we cant win even if we advise them the right way. :RpS_thumbup:

Out of interest how did you do the arch freehand in stages? no beads? I think it looks good, whos to know there was ever stone there?

Its quite clear from looking at it that there's stone underneath.

Can you see where there was once a door here?

bricked-up-doorway-thumb517645.jpg

Its quite clear from looking at it that there's stone underneath.

Can you see where there was once a door here?

bricked-up-doorway-thumb517645.jpg
Give it a few weeks and that'll weather in - a few months and you won't notice the difference..

Out of interest how did you do the arch freehand in stages? no beads? I think it looks good, whos to know there was ever stone there?
Just took my time and put 2 coats on and then when the gear picked up scratched the shape in to it. The next day went back and rubed it up.

no lol. only done about 3 weeks in the last couple of months. out of choice tho, before you start taking the piss. and iv just had a holiday. and i had a lie in this morning so feel quite fresh :) you dont have to say yes to everything mate. more to life than that. how old are you anyway now that were friends again? :)

no lol. only done about 3 weeks in the last couple of months. out of choice tho, before you start taking the piss. and iv just had a holiday. and i had a lie in this morning so feel quite fresh :) you dont have to say yes to everything mate. more to life than that. how old are you anyway now that were friends again? :)

31 still got a few years in me!

Status
Not open for further replies.