K render fine cracks

James120390

Good Afternoon all
About 18 months ago I bought a new build from Wainhomes. I have someone coming on Tuesday to look at my render for the 3rd time, it seems the K render sub contractor won’t accept any issues. I work in civil engineering (although highways related) and the issues don’t seem right to me. I have some pictures attached to see the problem.
there are fine hairline cracks that appear when it’s wet with water getting into the surface. These cracks run across the north side of all 4 properties in the crescent, with some areas being particularly bad. These pictures were taken after a short stay with the hose pipe!
I am basically after any advice anyone can give me so on Tuesday when they come I am armed with the right information. Any help much appreciated

Attachments

• 4CDEBD59-78EC-456A-B03A-D405D222F9DA.jpeg
    4CDEBD59-78EC-456A-B03A-D405D222F9DA.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 464
  • C7DB1579-DBD3-482D-8554-5A5EE5B286B1.jpeg
    C7DB1579-DBD3-482D-8554-5A5EE5B286B1.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 389
i dont do k rend or any of the modern rendering but ive seen this before on lime render and sand cement render,, the 1st coat (scratch coat) has crazed and grinning through when wet,,,,with lime that can be down to too much water in mix, with sand cement can be due to high suction brick/blockwork,,with k rend im not sure,,rnt they sposed to use a primer on blockwork ?

Good Afternoon all
About 18 months ago I bought a new build from Wainhomes. I have someone coming on Tuesday to look at my render for the 3rd time, it seems the K render sub contractor won’t accept any issues. I work in civil engineering (although highways related) and the issues don’t seem right to me. I have some pictures attached to see the problem.
there are fine hairline cracks that appear when it’s wet with water getting into the surface. These cracks run across the north side of all 4 properties in the crescent, with some areas being particularly bad. These pictures were taken after a short stay with the hose pipe!
I am basically after any advice anyone can give me so on Tuesday when they come I am armed with the right information. Any help much appreciated
Unbelievable they won’t take responsibility for that, shocking

I’ve had this on my own jobs with a two different manufacturers I’d advice you seal it with everbuild water sealer it will be ok

Good Afternoon all
K-rend is notorious for hairline cracking it's s**t it will 100% crack if it's done I'm warm weather and will sometimes do it overnight in winter

Good Afternoon all

I've seen this before a few times and each was a different reason.

As said above they're all possible.

I've seen a weaker base coat (than the top coat) can cause that cracking, and bad prep including straight over brick, some mono can sometimes be temperamental.

To stop long term agg, and possible blowing I'd seal it like Vincey said.

Although I'd use K Pro if it's krend or if Parex, use their Paraguard.

Or if another manufacturer use their own sealer.

Sooner rather than later, as water and frost could get in and cause it to blow. Sealing is not a cure but will greatly reduce it.

You have too laugh at the mickey mouse plastering industry sometimes , a firm taking no responsibility for a dreadful render wft lol . You bought a new home which is probably your first misake , but im not saying you shouldnt get a fantastic home for your money but you wont . Sealing it will only mask the problem and you will have to do that every few years when the sealer has been weathered off , hacking it off would be a ball ache and probably cause damage to windows and your blockwork ( if it is that substrate ) . I would seek legal advice and go from there .

You have too laugh at the mickey mouse plastering industry sometimes , a firm taking no responsibility for a dreadful render wft lol . You bought a new home which is probably your first misake , but im not saying you shouldnt get a fantastic home for your money but you wont . Sealing it will only mask the problem and you will have to do that every few years when the sealer has been weathered off , hacking it off would be a ball ache and probably cause damage to windows and your blockwork ( if it is that substrate ) . I would seek legal advice and go from there .
You get f**k all from k-rend the really don't give a f**k it's the worst mono rendering product on the market

That's prep and application.

Probably stemming from s**t metreage rates on sites, corners being cut.

Highly doubt that's been meshed around that open brick section.

Looks stressed to f**k.

Is it advertising that made it the name people know of rather than other brands?
Everyone not in the know call all scratch render k-rend they all say I want that k-rend stuff or do you do k-rend I think it's just easy to remember it's name more than anything and it sparkles I want that sparkley stuff
If you are in the know you know never to use it in warm hot weather it's 100% going to open up and even overnight it will hairline crack you can push them out with the I-section and fill them but they always reappear
Haha I'm going on a bit sorry

Good Afternoon all
Good Afternoon all

Good Afternoon all
Did you ever get a solution to this. House has just been rendered in Weber Pral M, with rendaid and full mesh applied. One month on rained heavily and just noticed exactly the same pattern as house was drying, over entire elevation!! Did they paint it? Can't see a single crack when house is dry, even if I magnify on camera the exact area that shows the pattern when wet.