K rend

Members online

carys

I've being thinking about this over last couple of years. As sand cement and hydrolic lime is time served. And we still use it after over 100 years. Is k rend and other similar material going to be that popular or is it going be a one hit wonder like artex.

I've being thinking about this over last couple of years. As sand cement and hydrolic lime is time served. And we still use it after over 100 years. Is k rend and other similar material going to be that popular or is it going be a one hit wonder like artex.
I hope it goes back to nice brickwork , too many white boxes

Its f**k**g shite . The white i put on my garage lokks like its been in smoking room for 50 years

Krend has been about for years so it’s kinds already got its place bud

K rend and all the other coloured renders are shite.
Not suitable for our cold damp island that we live on, unless you like the "algae" effect
K rendered my workshop in 2003. Ended up cladding it in oak as could not bear the maintenance, funny how it is sold as maintenance free. Probably many problems to come in the future due to damp ingress, staining, cracking.
20 year cycle like Artex

Not suitable for our cold damp island that we live on, unless you like the "algae" effect
K rendered my workshop in 2003. Ended up cladding it in oak as could not bear the maintenance, funny how it is sold as maintenance free. Probably many problems to come in the future due to damp ingress, staining, cracking.
20 year cycle like Artex
Does this k rend crack over the years then?

Well hessian was the old way is fibre tape going anywhere? Love this

Similar to artex then that lasted about 20 25 years out of date now. Lime goes back 6000 years cement about 150 years.
What do you think modern render is ? It’s lime,cement and sand ! Artex was a look like green bathroom suites

20 year cycle like Artex
Your oak maintenance free ? No render is maintenance free