K Rend

Members online

No members online now.

Sam4554

Have this small area to re render and will be doing it in K Rend. am still new to K Rend and have only ever done it onto new block work.
Can you re render straight over the old (the old is solid) with some kind of primer? Or has it all got to come off and start fresh?

Attachments

• CA9484AC-51F3-4DEF-9D1F-6B7F91A52013.jpeg
    CA9484AC-51F3-4DEF-9D1F-6B7F91A52013.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 223
  • 712F51CF-D5ED-4D65-AECE-56C8F519B6BD.jpeg
    712F51CF-D5ED-4D65-AECE-56C8F519B6BD.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 220
basecoat with mesh then your good to go cover your ass for any cracking if you going over top of something else!

Personally i’d scrape the flaky paint off and re paint, it’ll last longer. You’ve got salts pushing through the bottom, salts will push the mesh off.

Personally i’d scrape the flaky paint off and re paint, it’ll last longer. You’ve got salts pushing through the bottom, salts will push the mesh off.
Yeah it’s right on the sea front, quite a few flaky bits round the bottom, they want it rendered as been poorly done last time

Salts on the wall surface would suggest a damp problem, may need that investigated, also the application of an anti-sulphate solution to neutralise the salts prior to any coating.

I would never put mono there- never heard of successful water well render

I live on the sea front mate
No matter what render systems used
It doesn't last long.

Gets stained and weathered to fuuck.

Lake District are addicted to render.
They think the rain won't come into their house lol.

I live on the sea front mate
No matter what render systems used
It doesn't last long.

Gets stained and weathered to fuuck.

Lake District are addicted to render.
They think the rain won't come into their house lol.
Ok mate thanks think I’m better off swerving it then?

First thing you'd look at there is some sort of coping on the wall, water and dirt is marking up the wall at present.
A weep hole or 2 at ground level for a soak away, water builds up behind the wall.
I'd remove and start a fresh, it will require some kind of tanking system as it's below ground.I'd use a bucket coat it will age better as well as a transparent sealer. It will need maintaence in future mind, i.e. Jetwashing yearly, maybe fungicidal remover, something to tell the customer.
Ultimately get a render manufacturer involved, and get them to spec it.

Have this small area to re render and will be doing it in K Rend. am still new to K Rend and have only ever done it onto new block work.
Can you re render straight over the old (the old is solid) with some kind of primer? Or has it all got to come off and start fresh?
First off k rend don’t spec over paint !
Many systems will work for this but needs to be done correctly as @owls said I would just add to use a silicon sealer and pick render up off floor and use a plinth render to floor