k rend

Members online

No members online now.
Yeah, might be worth putting an expansion where the board meets the brick if it forms one panel. Usually give customers the option, expansions can look unsightly but needs must.

Just use Hp12 over the lot. Its specced over cement board and brick. Might need a splash of R7 on the bricks.

No need for HPX, unless you like pi**ing money up the wall.
ok cheers I've only ever used it as a scratch coat for mono what's the process for floating it up to a finish for priming and 1.5 top coat thanks

Hp 12 is nice gear to use, as with any k rend base it's all good,Shame there k1 is gash.

Gash in what way? I'd agree FT can be a bit heavy and teary but K1.. It's fine.

We do a lot of the Silicone I actually quite like it, it's one of my top 4.

Gash in what way? I'd agree FT can be a bit heavy and teary but K1.. It's fine.

We do a lot of the Silicone I actually quite like it, it's one of my top 4.
It's a pain to spray, it sags on the wall, and also it shrinks when it's drying and you get resulting cracks.
It's the composition of it.
If if it was the odd renderer that says it you'd think yes ok it's applicator issues ,but everyone murders it.
Look on Facebook on the machine forum, or previous posts on here, none of my sub contractors will use it anymore either. A cheap shitty render.

It's a pain to spray, it sags on the wall, and also it shrinks when it's drying and you get resulting cracks.
If if it was the odd renderer that says it you'd think yes ok it's applicator issues ,but everyone murders it.
Look on Facebook on the machine forum, or previous posts on here, none of my sub contractors will use it anymore either. A cheap shitty render.
I liken it to buying a car you’d much prefer the Germans or French to make it for you over the Irish.

I don't murder it.

If you're getting splits it's trapped air, slow down marra, soften your mix and get the air out and pull the gear together on the spray lines. Weber traps air as well given the right conditions which can make it look like its been shot gunned instead of splits.

It's from running too stiff with a quick flick over with a straight edge. Work the gear.

Don't have any sagging problems here either got a 800m2 job starting next week in K1 grey, no bother.

Does no one learn their trade anymore? We literally will spread owt.

Here's a question if one man makes a pukka job of Krend and 3 others f**k it up who's the numpty?

Last edited:
I don't murder it.

If you're getting splits it's trapped air, slow down marra, soften your mix and get the air out and pull the gear together on the spray lines. Weber traps air as well given the right conditions which can make it look like its been shot gunned instead of splits.

It's from running too stiff with a quick flick over with a straight edge. Work the gear.

Don't have any sagging problems here either got a 800m2 job starting next week in K1 grey, no bother.

Does no one learn their trade anymore? We literally will spread owt.

Here's a question if one man makes a pukka job of Krend and 3 others f**k it up who's the numpty?
Thanks for the rendering lesson...
It's not a case of learning the trade incidentally I've been using scratch renders for nearly 20 years now and we apply ten of thousands of metres a year of the stuff across various manufacturers so I've got an idea of it.
I'd maintain It slumps down the wall and has no body to it compared to other quality render i.e. Monorex, pral m enewall etc, they simply don't do this, and I'll stand by my statement that I know dozens of experienced Renderer's that won't touch the stuff.
It's only ever you that pips up and defends k rend, am I wrong in assuming you have some sort of a interest with them,that you will admit...

I think both of you are right.

Krend is a tad temperamental, but when you know the products quirks you can make a nice job with it.

That said - there are rivals that go up easier with less fussing.

I don't really care what I use though.

Sometimes it's nice to change product. A refresh.

I'm using kilsaran mono at the mo totally diff very small grain and a very slow setter nice too put on though
Is it light for hand application?

Madmonk I'm pretty sure Krend have another base coat now called hP14, whatever you do don't try use hpx as a flat finish it's a nightmare.

My current render choices are
Johnstone's TC
K1 (as you know most want k rend around Cheshire) although we got a few nasty ghosts on a job the other day with K1.
OCR Kmix but I'm Keen to give Weber a go

Anyone any tips for ghosting on K1?

Is it light for hand application?

Madmonk I'm pretty sure Krend have another base coat now called hP14, whatever you do don't try use hpx as a flat finish it's a nightmare.

My current render choices are
Johnstone's TC
K1 (as you know most want k rend around Cheshire) although we got a few nasty ghosts on a job the other day with K1.
OCR Kmix but I'm Keen to give Weber a go

Anyone any tips for ghosting on K1?
I've used loads of hpx mate shhit for getting flat that kilsaran great gear mate and the base coat were in cheadle doing the top of the house

Thanks for the rendering lesson...
It's not a case of learning the trade incidentally I've been using scratch renders for nearly 20 years now and we apply ten of thousands of metres a year of the stuff across various manufacturers so I've got an idea of it.
I'd maintain It slumps down the wall and has no body to it compared to other quality render i.e. Monorex, pral m enewall etc, they simply don't do this, and I'll stand by my statement that I know dozens of experienced Renderer's that won't touch the stuff.
It's only ever you that pips up and defends k rend, am I wrong in assuming you have some sort of a interest with them,that you will admit...

I'm approved in it, and Parex, Weber, Alumasc, Envirowall, Art brick, Structherm.

Learn your gear, quit bitchin about nowt and give the punters what they want. If we've not used owt before I've got a test wall at the yard and we'll cover that in it but whatever a punter wants we'll give them.

Simple.

Thinking someone might like a product is a conspiracy is just sad, it really is.

Last edited:
@Jimbob9 put more input into the forum rather than just defending K Rend all the time and I’m sure you’d be a valued member of the forum like @owls. Your constant defence of K Rend does come across as suspicious to me too.

Sigh, I use it a lot, customers ask for it a lot, it's probably the most asked for gear there is. I make money of it. I'm going to criticise guys who make out its crap because they can't handle it. A nicely done job in this gear looks as good as anything else out there.

This is their and my livelihood, just learn your gear and give the punters what they want with a fecking smile.

Jesus, I had a decorator tell me that Dulux was crap the other day. Are tradesman really that dim?

Sigh, I use it a lot, customers ask for it a lot, it's probably the most asked for gear there is. I make money of it. I'm going to criticise guys who make out its crap because they can't handle it. A nicely done job in this gear looks as good as anything else out there.

This is their and my livelihood, just learn your gear and give the punters what they want with a fecking smile.

Jesus, I had a decorator tell me that Dulux was crap the other day. Are tradesman really that dim?
All you do is occasionally crop up on here when lads slate k rend upon using. I still maintain it's a poor quality render, if I was in the minority in that I thought that way, fair enough I'd accept that but look through the long list of previous posts on it, on here on the machine Renderer's forum on Facebook etc, all of us experienced Renderer's can't be wrong especially when no other manufacturer draws such flack.

All you do is occasionally crop up on here when lads slate k rend upon using. I still maintain it's a poor quality render, if I was in the minority in that I thought that way, fair enough I'd accept that but look through the long list of previous posts on it, on here on the machine Renderer's forum on Facebook etc, all of us experienced Renderer's can't be wrong especially when no other manufacturer draws such flack.

I disagree with you and you don't like it when you're used to being in an echo chamber. Its ok to have preference to material, I prefer my own stuff. Some guys like a dense meaty feel under the trowel, some like it to have no feel and full of air. That's fine. You need to get your head around that fact that there will never be a material that suits every spread. Ever.

Constantly crying because something isn't how you like it is just..... Tedious sir. One thing K rend does a bit that a lot incorrectly moan about is trap air in between the spray lines which can create small horizontal splits that need filling during the scrape. These get described as a "crack," quite a bit, its not a crack its a quick lazy whip over with a straight edge when spraying is what it is. Get the air out and these don't happen. Back in the day they used to teach you about getting the air out of your spread, these days its all about getting the phone instead for the hollywood selfie on the latest job.

I disagree with you and you don't like it when you're used to being in an echo chamber. Its ok to have preference to material, I prefer my own stuff. Some guys like a dense meaty feel under the trowel, some like it to have no feel and full of air. That's fine. You need to get your head around that fact that there will never be a material that suits every spread. Ever.

Constantly crying because something isn't how you like it is just..... Tedious sir. One thing K rend does a bit that a lot incorrectly moan about is trap air in between the spray lines which can create small horizontal splits that need filling during the scrape. These get described as a "crack," quite a bit, its not a crack its a quick lazy whip over with a straight edge when spraying is what it is. Get the air out and these don't happen. Back in the day they used to teach you about getting the air out of your spread, these days its all about getting the phone instead for the hollywood selfie on the latest job.
Why am I constantly crying you moron all I've said is its poor quality to other renders,it's a forum people give there views, based on practical experience and it's no coincidence that no other manufacturers draw such complaints. I couldn't really care less, I'll just use and do use other different manufacturers. The spraying of all renders will gather air when spraying that is what your h bar is for, as if used correctly it will take these air locks out.

Agree that k rend looks lovely when done properly. But k1 sprays like s**t and I spend all day filling splits.

My opinion after using most monos over the years.