K rend

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim85

Hi iv used k rend lotsa times on new builds but got a job to do with 2 gables boarded in bluclad and the one side underneath is red brick with some thermalites here n there. Can I one coat all this if I push the mesh into a tight coat 1st or do I need base coat on it all 1st?

I thought a base coat would be needed. They've gone to the merchants and got enough of the top coat and mesh to do it all. What would happen if I just went straight on with top coat? And is the base coat the same sorta price ? Is it much different apart from the fibers in it?

If you went straight on with KREND top coat, you are asking for trouble.... A whole lot of trouble.

Not even worth a got take that advice from so one who knows....

HPX full Mesh 4-6mm then top Coat... Would ask KREND about Blue Clad as don't know if they still recommend this board has had lots of issues in the past with mineral renders being applied too.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

It's got block work that is less than 7 newtons as well which would defo need meshing I normally mesh everything that is not concrete block for what the mesh costs you might as well do it

can a sealer not be used to help with algae and moss and it surely can't be that bad other wise it would not sell and the company that makes would have gone out of business years ago.

Same results if your **** it will still look **** wether you spray or hand apply but a lot quicker to apply and easier on higher lifts spraying.

Or you could try k-rend hp12 ,mesh and top it off with there silicone TC no moss etc forms on that
The silicone TC can be washed down easy giving it better longevity than mono as it commonly called on here .
Great product used it on the last 4 renders flat as anything .

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App and I'm love turtles

FT silicone is for hand application only and E grade for machine. Had a bloke wanting 300 metres of ft on his house and he had bought the stuff already so I declined. I recommended he came and asked on here, but he must of got sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.