K Rend

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 phase musle Nick , using a 24L ( unistar 1 ) R+S,you could use a uni star 2 at 45l/min, but that would be insane , just use for floors.

We use a 6l/min for lac,and other basecoats.

Last edited:
That's a mint video, and cracking job, fair play mark...

I'd love to get into this sort of work, fed up of plastering rooms and stuf!..

Doing a sand and cement render at them moment which is nice, as haven't done any externals for ages....

Excellent,top notch work but you should never use bellcast beads on the window heads when using mono renders imo, after 6 months you'll have black staining on the wall where the water is running off them

Excellent,top notch work but you should never use bellcast beads on the window heads when using mono renders imo, after 6 months you'll have black staining on the wall where the water is running off them

Richard, I had lengthy discusions with the client and architect on this one, and they where insistant on them, at the end of the day, I had to bow to the architect. Like you say this will happen and I' sure they will remember the conversations.

Last edited:

thats a good point, it looks terrible especially with lighter colours like that

Richard, I had lengthy discusions with the client and architect on this one, and they where insistant on them, at the end of the day, I had to bow to the architect. Like you say this will happen and I' sure they will remember the conversations.

As said

iv got one i looked at today, going over old render which has a bell bead and the 45o angles above it. they want a mono finish but wont hack the render off as its pulling the blocks off with it. whats the best option then, acrylic? its in white btw

mark where in south london are you based? would you ever need a tag along so i can see how you setup for a job like this?

iv got one i looked at today, going over old render which has a bell bead and the 45o angles above it. they want a mono finish but wont hack the render off as its pulling the blocks off with it. whats the best option then, acrylic? its in white btw

cant you go over it with parinter as a base first, if the render is sound ? is it painted render

sorry mate dont no if i explained that well enough. where you said earlier about having the bellcast above the window, which in light colours may stain in future. well the one iv just looked at, it has the bell above the windows and yes its painted and i was thinking pre rend with mesh and then mono, which is the finish they want. but as you said it may stain, and the render is pulling blocks off as its on really solid, would acrylic be a better option?

we did a job using monorex G00 about 18 month ago, and simliar to marks job there, the client was adament they wanted them on, anyhow thats what they got, i drive past it now and again, it looks terrible, theres like a black sludge thats absorbed into the mono substrate,and it doesnt help that the elevaton doesnt see sunlight.
the problem is your adding a lot of weight to the original blocks with another 15mm of render to it.
id say wash it down with lanko mousse,to get any impurities of the surface, and acyrlic on a parinter base wth 355 mesh incoporated into it.but if there adament they want a mono finish, thats what they get, all you can do is explain the pitfalls of it.

yeah i was thinking acrylic is a better option as you say due the weight etc especially on paint. can you get a good finish on parinter ready for acrylic? i havent used it before. i was thinking i might go with weber as its in about 3 weeks time and was hoping for a same day scrape :RpS_unsure:

Correct me if I'm wrong but parinter isn't suitable for a dpr finish? Something to do with lime? Two coats of maite with mesh then dpr? Has anyone tried the parex clear sealer on mono to stop staining? Seems like a simple fix if it works

Correct me if I'm wrong but parinter isn't suitable for a dpr finish? Something to do with lime? Two coats of maite with mesh then dpr? Has anyone tried the parex clear sealer on mono to stop staining? Seems like a simple fix if it works

just had a read. parinter can be topped with monorex but doesnt say anything about dpr.

Status
Not open for further replies.