k-rend

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the 3 sides shown where is the 15m2 in question?

is is it what is already rendered or do you want the brickwork done as well.

Last edited:
theres a K rend job in newcastle under lyme right next to the A34 ( quite a lot of traffic ) and you should see how filthy it is its just collecting
dirt it look terrible

Hello this is my first post on the forum and my name is Hondaman my question is having tried K rend for the first time about two weeks ago found it very sticky I guess being silicone based it is bound to be or gaffer phoned K rend and they told him to mix the stuff shut of the mixer leaving sitting for five minutes then mix it again is this how it is done or is there a better way.We also have to finish it with the K rend wet harl mix has anybody else used this if so what do you think of it. Cheers.

Hello this is my first post on the forum and my name is Hondaman my question is having tried K rend for the first time about two weeks ago found it very sticky I guess being silicone based it is bound to be or gaffer phoned K rend and they told him to mix the stuff shut of the mixer leaving sitting for five minutes then mix it again is this how it is done or is there a better way.We also have to finish it with the K rend wet harl mix has anybody else used this if so what do you think of it. Cheers.

Are you sure it was krend ?
Its anything but sticky....far from it. Silicone don't make it sticky its just to give a water repel effect.

If your using the hand apply version then yes you need to mix it twice.

I have found the more I rule it the wetter it gets. That goes for most sprayed renders.

Not used Parex but SPS Envirowall (Cantilana?) is the best I have sprayed, followed by SAS. Weber's Chalk was ok but the Ivory seemed raw in comparison.

Weber I have fell out with but at least in summer it is a same day scrape. The German stuff is unpredictable with setting. In summer it is a late spray and next morning scrape. Go home for a few hours and back in late to spray. Tried only once to spray in the morning and work late. Still scraping back when it was going dark. To risky.

German stuff ,Weber don't get anything from there

Welcome along bud :RpS_thumbsup:

K rend prices

Hi there all this is my first post so all new to me, what's the going rate on k rend per m2 for supply fix I'm in the south if that helps
cheers

We don't and unless you are compitant using one then there's not many who do will due to the damage that someone who doesn't know what there doing can do.

K-rend is easy....only done it 3/4 times b4 and me and my work partner (who had never done it b4) boxed off a full house hand applied in a few days. The key is 2 rule off the base coat once u'v meshed it, it makes top coat easier and best results for scrap floating is 2 leave it 2 the next day if u can. U think it's gone off but once the float breaks the skin it's fine. Also u can check the levels and take off where needed.

I will always try and turn the customer to another product like parex, I just tell them to search the net if they don't believe me how troublesome k rend can be.

I will always try and turn the customer to another product like parex, I just tell them to search the net if they don't believe me how troublesome k rend can be.

Aye Paul mostly I find when a customer has researched the net they say we had our minds set on krend but now were open to the alternatives of Parex,weber etc.

A lot are searching the net first.

When they have not researched they usually just want krend full stop.

I just had one , 260m2 , wouldn't change at first , the parex rep couldn't budge them but a few well dropped hints about krend and explaining that it makes no difference to me which I use cost wise, but as a professional , I wouldn't advise not to use a product unless there was a good reason .

Status
Not open for further replies.