k-rend

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I do and if it's meshed it covers the bead flange too, just makes sense.
Rigsby,

Try SAS systems, PROBEAD, we have had 12mm beads from them. Angle and stop. Google it mate.

Or why not fix your 15mm bead first, rendaid or high bond with mesh then mono @ average 10 to 12mm depending on base coat depth. Exceptions being ares where you might be cutting ashlar embelishments where you will need full 15 or 20mono depth, depending on ashlar depth,of coarse.

In saying all this if it it failed would the render company you used reimburse you because you used 12 mm beads or is it eying on using 12mm to stop the blockwork grinning through? I'll keep using 10mm haven't had a problem yet so is it worth the toss?

Bear in mind most of my work is domestic refurbishment. Hack off old render and find really rough brickwork underneath. If I was to stick the 15mm beads on first I would have the mesh area of the bead without rendaid. This then could salt through leaving me with a different colour around the beads. Yes I could cover the mesh of the bead with rend aid and mesh but what about the dabs? I have tried sticking beads on with rend-aid but its hard, just slumps to buggery. As to using 12 or 13mm beads on top of rend-aid well the total thickness will be 15mm minimum.

Weber would never back you up anyway. They know every trick in the book to pass on blame. That 10 year product warranty they give is a waste of time. When have they ever accepted blame for their product going wrong. It seems to me that they side with the complainant and the third party is to blame so always ring them and be at there side if they call on site. If the customer rings them you are snookered!

I will look into the sas stuff. Sounds good!

Rigsby a parex rep rep advised one of the lads I work for to use dab adhesive he says **** it evryones doing it, vie buttered beads up with up210 that was a crock of s**t and was losing bell cast knauf dab adhesive all the way bg seems to go too brittle and crack

I will have a go with stiff rendaid. Depends on the brickwork. It's strange how customers will pay peanuts for sand & cement but pay a lot more for rend-aid, mesh & mono with coloured beads. Mono looks nice but cracks easy. Well Weber cracks easy, don't know about the other stuff.

weber goes off to quick i recon thats why it cracks alot.

the probead are very good imo just not that easy to gt hold of

I hate all this size 12-17mm or 3-8mm 0r 10-15mm bead s**t they give you now with the cheap beads what a load of jizz.... the bead will be the bigger size,this has caused me no end of problems in the past

Krend FT is hand or machine application but KRend do a spray coat as well as the FT

fair point mate. I have been looking into a machine, but is it right they dont spray ft? And if not is there a fine finish they do spray? Really struggling with what machine to go for.. Im hopefully lookig at a pft minijet 3 phase machine at some point this week so should have a better idea then! The other thing i dont get is the reccomendation k-rend give for the thickness you put on. from what they go by i think you end up putting on something like 20mm inc base coat but i was advised 10mm beads..?! how does that work! im guessing now that for 1 coat application when a base coat isnt required..?!

I got sent some 13mm angle beads from DBB Bradford. Flimsy things. I will use them where 15mm are to tight.

Had a discussion with Rendaplas yesterday. They are going to send me a sample of their CBX power beads. Will let you all know what I think.

K Rend

Hello all,

just had my house done in k rend looks really good and pleased with finish etc. only problem i have with supplier is that they told me that the top coat is 1M2 per bag. the house is a large house with garage and a garden wall total area less the windows etc came to 220m2 was advised to order a few more bags just incase.

i now have 38 bags left. if any one wants to buy these bags please contact me. it the colour Arron and i live near Shrewsbury. call me on 07855 888867.

nothing wrong with k rend lovely stuff
Hi new to site,been a plasterer for over 20 years never done k rend but keep getting asked,I have read how to do it but is it something you can read up on and then do or should i go on a course?any advise would be great.Cheers

Hi new to site,been a plasterer for over 20 years never done k rend but keep getting asked,I have read how to do it but is it something you can read up on and then do or should i go on a course?any advise would be great.Cheers
Either go on a course or work with someone who knows what they are doing.

Hi new here! Can anybody please tell me what the rates are for a m2 of K-rend (one coat) on a straight measure carried through the windows including beads on a labour only basis?

Hi new here! Can anybody please tell me what the rates are for a m2 of K-rend (one coat) on a straight measure carried through the windows including beads on a labour only basis?

What do you think they should be??

All bagged render is no reason to hike your render rates! Krend is premixed sand, cement, lime and additives- and simple to use. What would you charge for doing sand cement, just use that rate.

krend is simple to use?? not in the real world its not

agree with that,
the amount of botched jobs we go look at and redo, that are shite, full of halos, different colours etc that have been done by a 'compentant spread'
the principal of using it is simple, but there is a knack to it, to get a blemish free, uniform finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.