K-Rend

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodplasterer

I have a job to do its on a back of a 4 storey house, on there at the moment is smooth sand and cement render but it has alot of hairline cracks, they have tried hacking it off but it is rock solid and just damaging the old brickwork, they have asked me if they can go straight on top with k-rend, i told them that they could probably mesh it with stainless riblath or renderlath but the cost would be too high for there budget, i spoke to another spread today and he said that i could sbr splatter coat it then go ontop with k-rend but im unsure weather this would work what other options are there?

i no nothing in this area....... but do u have to use mesh over the cracks, to stop them reappearing? cheers

if they want it done properly theyve got to pay for it bod! ......you can try youre heart out to do it cheap for them but if it goes pear shaped they spound like the sort who will have you back time and time again to redo it .........if they cant afford it leave it
if theyve had a go at hacking it off it might have lostened it off even worse in areas you cant see
ive set myself a golden rule any paint mesh it youve got the mechanical key ........a splatter will give you a key but its attatched to the paint so if the paint fails youre fooked and at 8 quid a bag ..............................or do it as cheap as poss but get something in writing from them youre not too blame

I have a job to do its on a back of a 4 storey house, on there at the moment is smooth sand and cement render but it has alot of hairline cracks, they have tried hacking it off but it is rock solid and just damaging the old brickwork, they have asked me if they can go straight on top with k-rend, i told them that they could probably mesh it with stainless riblath or renderlath but the cost would be too high for there budget, i spoke to another spread today and he said that i could sbr splatter coat it then go ontop with k-rend but im unsure weather this would work what other options are there?

try rend aid. weber own sbr. then monocuche. same as k-rend. differnt brand.
put weber building solutions in to search engine.. same as previous quotes don't think you can do it on th cheap... ;)

Its a bit of a nightmare situation they have got the scaffold up and in total there is over 100 m2 on the back and at £25 a sheet with stainless riblath its gonna cost over a grand to just mesh :eek: I did joke with them and said just tyrolean it with snowcem and i think they might even go with that ;D To be honest the render is in good nick its just a load of randon hairline cracks which probably could get rid of with decorating but i don want o do myself out of a job ;)

try rend aid. weber own sbr. then monocuche. same as k-rend. differnt brand.
put weber building solutions in to search engine.. same as previous quotes don't think you can do it on th cheap... ;)

Cheers claw

You could use the sbr spatter coat, and still one coat it with a ocr but you could put a full firbre mesh in it , that would only cost £120 compared to rib...... also k-rends about £12 a bag you can get other stuff for half that price mate

whats the difference between sbr slurry and sbr slatter? the data sheets say to apply the slurry with a brush is this the best way?

my m8 raves about this stuff he said you can even use it as a self leveller?!

You could use the sbr spatter coat, and still one coat it with a ocr but you could put a full firbre mesh in it , that would only cost £120 compared to rib...... also k-rends about £12 a bag you can get other stuff  for half that price mate
you can also fix the fibre mesh with mech fixings to give the same effect as metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.