K rend with 10mm beads

loky11

Bonjour chappas,

One is needing some advise, got a garage to render using k rend k1, it will be on block work, the customer (chippy) has beaded it all himself before asking me to render it but he's used 10mm beads, will it be OK to use them? I've always used 15mm and Im worried about scratching back to mesh.

Cheers.

Put a first pass on very tight and bed your mesh in then put your straight edge over the beads to make sure you are being the beads. Then slap on your second pass.
You may get the blockwork joints showing through more so when it is damp so tell your customer this.

Put a first pass on very tight and bed your mesh in then put your straight edge over the beads to make sure you are being the beads. Then slap on your second pass.
You may get the blockwork joints showing through more so when it is damp so tell your customer this.

Thanks bud, that's what I was thinking, I have already warned him about blocks showing through and possibly scratching back to much revealing mesh, think I've managed to convince him to change them to 15mm

I would be to mate too risky with 10s
Just tell him there the wrong ones

When he said he'd beaded first thing I asked was what size beads have you used when he said 10mm I thought oh god haha but I have told him it's a bit sketchy using 10mm think I've convinced him to change them.