K Rend Water stains

Members online

ni nutter

Evening all. Moved into a new build (2017) last year and there's quite a bit of water stains below the window cills and around base of DPC. No damp in the house. Asked the guy who did the rendering - he said it was K-Rend, wasn't interesting in sorting it and suggested I apply bleach to the damp marks! In short a rubbish job....

Anyway, the damp marks don't go away in the sunshine (from the damage - last owner clouted wall with a trailer - the dark water stains are only in the very top layer of render). FWIW there is quite a fall away from the house, so the rain water doesn't pool against it. And the pic below is typical - pretty much every single window, and area at base of DPC has this

Any ideas what I can apply to shift these water stains?

Cheers

IMG_2364.jpeg

Thanks for the comments - much appreciated. Yeah, In my last house there was a 6" channel of pea shingle between the render and whatever hard standing came next. Seemed obvious to me - somewhere for the water to go. That said, it seems common place here for folk to render (monocouche) down to a hard standing - guess it's cheaper and quicker........

FWIW over the heat wave last year the staining remained - between the ground and DPC and around the window sills. To me this implies that whatever caused the discolouration won't dry with sunshine (around the sills - all I can guess is something leached off the concrete when new and caused the staining). So, with that in mind, what would you recommend to remove the stains - guess I'm after suggestions for products?? I'm sure the best solution would be to hack it all off and do it again properly, but I can't afford the thousands it'll cost.

BTW in the short term I'm going to plump for a drainage channel around the property.