K Rend vs conventional cement render

Members online

Jezzer62

Hello folks

I’m trying to decide whether to go K Rend or conventional render on a new extension we’re having built- single storey 7x5m lots of glass and doors. I’m veering away from K-Rend at the moment but our builder is saying it will cost an extra £2k to go conventional render. Is he blowing smoke up the proverbial?

Cheers
Jez

Hello folks

I’m trying to decide whether to go K Rend or conventional render on a new extension we’re having built- single storey 7x5m lots of glass and doors. I’m veering away from K-Rend at the moment but our builder is saying it will cost an extra £2k to go conventional render. Is he blowing smoke up the proverbial?

Cheers
Jez
He's talking utter b*ll***s.

Thanks guys. What would be a typical approximate cost per square metre for finished (3 coat?) conventional render on a prepared wall (already covered in galvanised mesh)? We’re talking a 7x5m single storey extension with quite a lot of glass. Location north Suffolk.

Thanks guys. What would be a typical approximate cost per square metre for finished (3 coat?) conventional render on a prepared wall (already covered in galvanised mesh)? We’re talking a 7x5m single storey extension with quite a lot of glass. Location north Suffolk.
We don’t discuss prices on here mate as it varies so much by so many factors.

you can not quote a metre square price on a job that small.

“Conventional”sand and cement ain’t 3coats bud but done rite and with 4coats of paint is a much better finish then that pitty shite Krend

Is it already wired? If not consider putting on a coat of rendagrip or similar then the metal lathing. Sometimes if the wire is fitted very tight the render is on and around the wire but not under it.