K rend TC on block work

Members online

Nwplasterer

Hi

I’m at the stage now where I need to render my extension not very experienced at rendering but going to have a go.

I’m going to use HP12 Base coat and mesh over the whole area scratch coated and then the KRend TC15 in Polar White over the top.

My question is do I need to prime blockwork prior to HP12? Do I need to prime HP12 prior to TC?

Thanks in advance.

ray donovan omg GIF by Sky

I am a plasterer by trade I have done rendering in the past I just need to know the process I’ve not done k-rend before.

Hi

I’m at the stage now where I need to render my extension not very experienced at rendering but going to have a go.

I’m going to use HP12 Base coat and mesh over the whole area scratch coated and then the KRend TC15 in Polar White over the top.

My question is do I need to prime blockwork prior to HP12? Do I need to prime HP12 prior to TC?

Thanks in advance.

Your own gaff.....

Go for it.

In answer to your q's

Yes

And yes.

No disrespect .
Plasters rendering @,no experience recipe for disaster …..
It’s my own house so it’s my problem if it goes tits up!! I’m asking for advice what is wrong with that? I’m not a diy’er I am a spread I’ve helped out beading and base coating and meshing before but it was years ago couldn’t remember if we primed the block work that is all!!

It’s my own house so it’s my problem if it goes tits up!! I’m asking for advice what is wrong with that? I’m not a diy’er I am a spread I’ve helped out beading and base coating and meshing before but it was years ago couldn’t remember if we primed the block work that is all!!

Hi

Thanks in advance.

Tc15 over a scratch coat? You know the finish is basically paint with a 1.5mm aggregate? In your experience as a plasterer, would you skim over a scratch coat internally?
Always prime your base coat but as far as priming the substrate goes, depends on the substrate. The primers aren't the same either.

Reactions: 000
Tc15 over a scratch coat? You know the finish is basically paint with a 1.5mm aggregate? In your experience as a plasterer, would you skim over a scratch coat internally?
Always prime your base coat but as far as priming the substrate goes, depends on the substrate. The primers aren't the same either.
So I don’t need to bother scratching the base coat?

It’s my own house so it’s my problem if it goes tits up!! I’m asking for advice what is wrong with that? I’m not a diy’er I am a spread I’ve helped out beading and base coating and meshing before but it was years ago couldn’t remember if we primed the block work that is
It is a 3 coat system

Oh well it’s my property end of day! I will post photos of the results. I’ve done plenty of S&C rendering so have the skills just don’t have the product knowledge.