K rend tc -- is it good enough?

Members online

Hi everyone, my first time posting and hoping for some guidance and advice.

My extension was part rendered (hp12 basecoat) in that hot spell we had a couple of weeks ago. I was anxious about it happening when it was hot but left it for the experts to work it out. The extension faces NNE so they had opportunity to work around the sunshine at different times of the day. But they didn't sadly. They made some excuses and said they'd be back in a few days to check it. That was about 2 weeks ago. They didn't say but i think it was to check whether it was going to crack in places. To prevent that happening I went about covering the area which I did quite successfully. But as you will hopefully see from the images the render is far from smooth and I'm wondering how to approach the plasterers about it and what if anything can be done to improve it? Also, they completed the 2 base layers in one morning on one side of the extension when I thought that there should be a gap of a day or two between the layers? Anyway, the plasterers made contact today and will be visiting in the next few days. Any suggestions are much appreciated thanks
20200607_070442.jpg

f**k sake utter dog s**t seeing this all to often now absolute disgrace where you based someone from here might be able to help but I wouldnt let Clint and John have another bash at it

Looks like it was bumpy and set on them

I reckon they thought about i barring it, that mess from the extractor to the right, and then gave up on it.

Fixable, but probably not by them.

It just gets better unbelievable really bad,
No problem with the 2 coats in a day if that makes you feel any better

Hi everyone, my first time posting and hoping for some guidance and advice.

My extension was part rendered (hp12 basecoat) in that hot spell we had a couple of weeks ago. I was anxious about it happening when it was hot but left it for the experts to work it out. The extension faces NNE so they had opportunity to work around the sunshine at different times of the day. But they didn't sadly. They made some excuses and said they'd be back in a few days to check it. That was about 2 weeks ago. They didn't say but i think it was to check whether it was going to crack in places. To prevent that happening I went about covering the area which I did quite successfully. But as you will hopefully see from the images the render is far from smooth and I'm wondering how to approach the plasterers about it and what if anything can be done to improve it? Also, they completed the 2 base layers in one morning on one side of the extension when I thought that there should be a gap of a day or two between the layers? Anyway, the plasterers made contact today and will be visiting in the next few days. Any suggestions are much appreciated thanksView attachment 50468
@essexandy

f**k sake utter dog s**t seeing this all to often now absolute disgrace where you based someone from here might be able to help but I wouldnt let Clint and John have another bash at it
Hi, thanks for reply...yeah it's not great. It gets better though because this was the second lot of plasterers who had a go. The first lot suddenly downed tools, walked off and then demanded several hundred pounds more. It took my until the next day to work out why...they'd been on site on a couple of mornings and not done as much as they wanted to because first they messed up the day of the week (need to give at least some notice to my neighbour to do boundary wall), and secondly they didn't have enough gear. More specifically, they were a length of bead short as well as a few bags of hp12. So as there were a team of 3 plasterers the costs were going up especially with all the time they spent on site.

Its turning out to be a bit of a nightmare. And i thought it was going to be an easy job....there's no wall lights or sockets in the way and its a little single storey extension with concrete blocks!

I'm in Worcester if anyone is interested and can help save it thanks! And i haven't paid them anything yet.

Attachments

• 20200607_070245.jpg
    20200607_070245.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 197
  • 20200607_070318.jpg
    20200607_070318.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 192
  • 20200607_070333.jpg
    20200607_070333.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 187
  • 20200607_070225.jpg
    20200607_070225.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 164
It just gets better unbelievable really bad,
No problem with the 2 coats in a day if that makes you feel any better
Thanks for letting me know about them doing 2 base coats in a day and that its ok. But at the moment it seems this wall which is on my neighbour's side is looking the better one of the lot. It doesn't get the sun so they managed it ok.