K rend overcoating silicone dash

Members online

Thedmc

First post please be kind,
I’m not a plasterer but keen builder, been in the trade for 20+ years and keen to give rendering a go, plan to practice on my personal property, currently it has cement render with dash on it, there are a few areas I need to knock off and scratch,
Question is without me stripping the house back to bare brick I was reading about this k rend overcoating dash receiver,
K rend recommends R7 acrylic first,
Can someone tell me if I’m reading it correctly
Apply R7
Apply k rend overcoating dash receiver and throw the harling chips at it?
Or am I reading this wrong?

First post please be kind,
I’m not a plasterer but keen builder, been in the trade for 20+ years and keen to give rendering a go, plan to practice on my personal property, currently it has cement render with dash on it, there are a few areas I need to knock off and scratch,
Question is without me stripping the house back to bare brick I was reading about this k rend overcoating dash receiver,
K rend recommends R7 acrylic first,
Can someone tell me if I’m reading it correctly
Apply R7
Apply k rend overcoating dash receiver and throw the harling chips at it?
Or am I reading this wrong?
Hi mate my first point is it’s always best going back to substrate if you can
If you can’t it’s possible to go over with the correct products
I would avoid k rend and go Parex speak to them and they will send a rep to advise you and it’s a free service

surely needs dubbing out first to get over the dash so youhave a nice playing field I would blank it out first with hp12 great stuff

We use exposed enewall gear! It’s a one coat system that’s designed to go over old harling. Used it loads on jobs. Only if the house has only had one base coat an top coat. If it’s already been dashed again in the past then I’d gun off back to brick.

Found k rend to be the worst overcoating dash receiver as it skins over fast. Loads of good ones on the market, enewall, stonepack and Scot rend a few of my favourites. As for prep we would just hose down and go straight over the existing, if there was suction issues we would sbr first then go straight over.

Anyone used johnstones one coat system? Thinking about trying there gear out next. Sick using build base as middle man with enewall. Delivery’s are a joke.

Thanks everyone some great info, house is still on it’s original dash from new, I will check out these other products you recommended,

Found k rend to be the worst overcoating dash receiver as it skins over fast. Loads of good ones on the market, enewall, stonepack and Scot rend a few of my favourites. As for prep we would just hose down and go straight over the existing, if there was suction issues we would sbr first then go straight over.
You used johnstones bud?