k rend over old render

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyo

Hi

I have got a job on to k rend a single skin brick out building, the customer doesnt want all the old render removing coz they use the building as part of a nursery and dont want all the noise n rubble also with being single skin it would rattle the hell inside, I was going to try scoring the old render (which is solid) in a diamond pattern then an sbr cement wash and k rend over that I have done this many times with sand/cement render and never had any problems, just wanted a bit of advice really off someone who has maybe done something similar. Cheers guys

If its being used for habitable space, why not insulate it, scrim&mesh and then krend?

If no, just HP12 base coat with mesh and then top coat. Pin it if render has been painted.

Why HPX Spunky?

Generally its used for Cem Borads, where a degree of flex is needed- the fibres give it greater tensile and compressive strength. Hp12 is fine for existing render and a tenner a bag cheaper!

Why HPX Spunky?

Generally its used for Cem Borads, where a degree of flex is needed- the fibres give it greater tensile and compressive strength. Hp12 is fine for existing render and a tenner a bag cheaper!

Hi Nick,

Hope you are well.

Trying to get my head round how fibres give compressive strength. My understanding is, that something that is high in compression is inherently weak in tension .

Fibres improve tensile strength and improve impact resistance and toughness, I believe that a stronger mix will increase compressive strength but will be more prone to cracking.

But maybe I have it wrong.( scratch head)

Spunk, I would use the HP12 with mesh for renovation substrates of brick and concrete. HPX for light weight or low newton substrates and still with mesh.Problem is our industry is very cost driven , and therefore HP12 is king.

Although CPI high bond must be the cheapest on the market.

Put thin coat straight over the top mate give it a coat of primer first and no need to wait for it to set as acryic will be ready to fnish in 10 - 20 mnutes

Alright Mark,

We're using HPX atm on cem board (on battens, in a steel framed building, infilled with timber stud and lined with OSB)purely on the spec written by system manufacturer who has spouted all the tensile and compressive technical properties for this particular job. I just keep my head down and apply it to their spec.

Hi Nick,

Funnily enough, have one on the books with LAC and mesh and TF150 over Blue Clad rain screen. To cold, so have been putting lads on inside jobs, which is a logistical nightmare. Then as soon as the temps lift.The phone will be buzzing with the all to familiar " where are you.....scaffs coming down next week."

Ah well, back to the estimating .

Hope your job goes well mate.

Weathers not too bad here, we've reached the topping stage for final coat, just wanting dry weather now!!

Always the same with contractors though, always want it done yesterday-good luck though!

Spunkster, its the very elusive M300 gang, ..you want in ??? better get one mate . Its called Goldspray...we can give you full training for only £ 300 per hour.

A special half day course , at discount rates for you as a TPF member just £ 900.00 pus a free 20 ltr gerry can of petrol for your genny ( unless your currier then its a free 100 litres) .

These places are limited ( to your ability) so first cum , thirst served.

Status
Not open for further replies.