k rend mortar

Status
Not open for further replies.

napper83

Private Member
anyone got any experience of this been offered a garden wall to do the fella is a mate and says he can get a pallet of this stuff,

can i just mix it up with water and use it as the scratch and as the top coat and does it rub up just like s&c also how coverage do u get from a bag is it like mono about a mtr per bag?

You can give it a tight scratch if you like, this helps kill the suction a bit and gives you a bit more time in the summer.

You need to let it mix well in a good mixer for at least 10 - 15 minutes for the additives to do their work etc etc, its a prick to lay up if your not used to it, very sticky.

Let it go firm anywhere between 4 hours - over night and rub it back with a k rend float.

What grade k rend is it machine or hand applied ? There is a difference but I dont know what it is.

cheers rich. not sure of the grade he just said its k rend traditional mortar?

bumhair cheers mate but its not the scraped finish its a smooth render he is after think he can get this stuff cheap so gonna try and use this rather than S&C

sounds like the equal product to ocr/stucco/granicem etc basically its a polymer modified mortar used in place of S&C comes in a bag and mix with water but it is more exspensive over the m2 and at just over 1 M2/bag at about 8mm, personally i like these renders more than s&c as its simple to mix and every batch is exactly the same consistentcy wise. No danger of your labourer messin up the ratios cos hes scratchin his sack as he mixes your mud. just get 8mm beads (background permitting) coat it up one coat rule it and float it just like s&c

cheers pal its on to to new concrete blocks, so is there no need for a scratch coat with this stuff then ?

Not used the trad mortar myself but used plenty of the UF and standard base which i guess are pretty much the same, tight coat then a butter coat darby it, let it tighten up and finish with poly float and sponge,

Status
Not open for further replies.