k rend k1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the cracking was in the early days. Up here in yhe North the rep is good.

Anyone who's used K1 in the last 12 months should tell you its very nice to apply. The new Silicone K1 is also very good. I'd almost put it up there with Parex to lay, almost. The punters like it cos its easy to get warranted 30 year specs if you ring the rep. Crackings not an issue for me anyway, not that I get many, the guys who I get it off sort any cracking bits and bobs FOC.

Someone saying E Grade is better makes me want to poke myself in the eye....

I've never used it although many have had cracking issue's

Its not 2013 anymore, lol.

Last edited:
Anyone who's used K1 in the last 12 months should tell you its very nice to apply. The new Silicone K1 is also very good. I'd almost put it up there with Parex to lay, almost. The punters like it cos its easy to get warranted 30 year specs if you ring the rep. Crackings not an issue for me anyway, not that I get many, the guys who I get it off sort any cracking bits and bobs FOC.

Someone saying E Grade is better makes me want to poke myself in the eye....

Its not 2013 anymore, lol.
What k rend will warrant it for 30 years?

Now I'm no render expert, but I've layed on plenty of k rend over the years, and that k1 ( did a small bit 2 months ago) is like spreading browning in comparison to the old xp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used k1 about a month ago was spot on layed on easy the original k1 I used was awful cracked like you wouldn't believe

What k rend will warrant it for 30 years?

Yep, apply to spec and the rep will nip round and write a warranty.

We do everything to spec so no biggie. The customer will pay more usually for it. Offering a crack guarantee on top now, it all helps.

Used k1 about a month ago was spot on layed on easy the original k1 I used was awful cracked like you wouldn't believe

Ay, done a good few thousand bags of it this past year not a problem. The Silicone handles well n all. Takes a bit more mixing in a bucket but that's about it.

Get it on for 3pm, scratches up lovely about 10am next day this time of year, but it'll scratch for a good few hours after that as well if van breaks down or something.

Last edited:
Is it the same finish as ft and what's the cost difference?

Slightly finer, can't tell unless side by side.

Where I get mine from the Silicone is same price as FT. K1 without silicone slightly cheaper.

Last edited:
Does the silicone K1 go through a Ritmo ok? I used SAS silicone mono once, never again.

I've heard it goes through great, not tried it. It goes through the G4 spot on. We run clamps on all the G4, makes it not break a sweat with owt and the rotor lasts longer.

Last few months of the yr we used it we had no shrinkage and no cracks as was previously reported when it came on the market, in fact the old threads on here tell u all u what it was like on launch. Anyway we had no issues so either it has been improved or the colder weather longer set has helped.

Sprays a dream but i think krend always did. Twas the ruling spatching and floating that let it down.
Finish looks like there is more a random aggeragate in it than ft which is more uniformed imo

Status
Not open for further replies.