K rend k 1

Members online

No members online now.

Jamil

is everyone doing overnight scrapes ATM? On k1 over hp12 or is anyone getting away with using accelerator and same day?
First 1 of the year and never used k1 before but all suppliers are telling me k rend are stopping producing ft is that true??
Cheers

Yep next day scrape. It's still pretty wet when we are going back next day over hpx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've been given a few bags by our rep to try, what's the score with it onto block, just one coat?
Is it any lighter than Ft?

We've been given a few bags by our rep to try, what's the score with it onto block, just one coat?
Is it any lighter than Ft?

From what I've heard k rend scratch renders need doing in 2 passes else your in trouble!!
Even basecoat's are needed on block which to me in ridicules to be honest

From what I've heard k rend scratch renders need doing in 2 passes else your in trouble!!
Even basecoat's are needed on block which to me in ridicules to be honest

Don't care how good you think you are or how good the gear is. Everything behaves better over a base coat / layer. Everything.

Once you figure out that base coating can actually be quicker cheaper and easier on the larger jobs to be done over a few days it's difficult to look back.

I'd have to agree a basecoat would be a better job but quicker I personally don't believe that

I know some people only mesh stress points but we do the whole job so that adds to the time when base coating a full job

We spray around 300-400 bags of k- rend every week in one coat, mainly straight onto block work. Ive never tried 2 passes to be honest as one coat onto 15mm beads works fine. We have found that applying any base coat first is better all round.
Some builders chuck any old block in & when not base coating that can cause issues.

We spray around 300-400 bags of k- rend every week in one coat, mainly straight onto block work. Ive never tried 2 passes to be honest as one coat onto 15mm beads works fine. We have found that applying any base coat first is better all round.
Some builders chuck any old block in & when not base coating that can cause issues.

How do you go about your meshing, just do stress points by hand then machine the rest?

Yes, if we're going straight onto block work we mesh at the same time as beading and protecting.
We cut the mesh in half with a saw & have 500mm around window openings.

Just bought one of these.[emoji106]
877885c7ce745efe4d083b0c9c0a8d36.jpg

I made a roller to stand on scaff that holds mesh up right and I just pull it out along the wall. That thing looks expensive

He means he cuts the roll of mesh in half with a saw so he has two rolls of 500mm scrim Rob. We do the same, cut it into 100mm rolls for taping up aquapanel on the timber frame jobs.

Oh I see.good idea that thinking about it.[emoji106]