K rend in the rain

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats true aswell ,

but id like to think theres still a bit of loyalty about. I dont get this treating staff like shite business, be it lads on tools or labourers. if your right with them, there likely to be good with you. a happy workforce is a productive workforce.

Loyalty? Well I had one big bust up with my lads yesterday about loyalty and on this company it is only one way. I gave a long list of how loyal I am and benefits I give then asked for a list back. Not one answer! They are take, take, take. And at this time of year it gets worse so now it is a one job at a time basis and the fist job where I am a victim of their selfishness and I am shutting shop till March. Going on the taxi's if I don't buy a house to do up.

Never ever let them down, I am 100% reliable and trustworthy. They are not, really hard to get them to do a full week. Day off for a doctors appointment, I always get the last appointment of the day 5.30pm. Got to take the afternoon off to sort the Council tax out. 5 minutes drive away from the Council offices but tales all afternoon. What he really means is his missus is starting work at 1pm and he needs to be home to look after his step daughter for the afternoon as it is half term. Got a letter yesterday from the hospital they want to see me at 11.30am for a check up! What hospital sends out letters giving only 48hrs notice of an appointment! Take them to work and drop them off at the door. Yesterday I said I want £2.50 a day towards fuel, no not having that so I had to give them an ultimateum, pay or walk. They will do neither, stay at home first before they pay to get to work. We shall see what happens tomorrow when I dock it out of their wages. Quite frankly if they won't pay then sod em! They can find some other idiot who will put up with em.

So loyalty??? I can't see any.

Rigsby why do u eat gruel through the winter when u appear to be the type to buy a house to do up at auction for cash??

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Stuff em Rigs, Theres plenty of lads out there willing to graft and ive had exactly what your going through and its bloody stressful mate. My competition as such are willing to help out with spare parts,available lads and jump on bigger projects with us if needed. We return the favour when we can and if we have a ducker, hes down the road asap.

the problem with rendering is, its essentially a 9 month a year occupation, so that's exactly what we do, work harder or smarter during that time to cover winter.

This is why I no longer bother with externals at all, lpg dustbin heater and diesel genny warm as toast all year and no down days at all except hangovers,

Status
Not open for further replies.