K Rend flower beds

Members online

No members online now.

Alanefc05

Hi,

I have recently built a large raised flower bed and stop beeded all the way around.
My concerns are that if I k rend all the way to the bottom of the flower bed (artificial grass level) then I will be bridging my damp course.
I have lined the inside of the beds with a membrane to near the top on either side and left the bottom with weep holes in.
My questions are :-
Can I k rend straight to the bottom or do I need to install bellcast beads on the same level as my damp course.
I have attached a couple of pics for viewing

Attachments

• 4F720F62-5CE9-49F1-A090-171CDF6377CF.jpeg
    4F720F62-5CE9-49F1-A090-171CDF6377CF.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 397
  • 3944DFD4-96C0-413E-B727-80BD3B3A8038.jpeg
    3944DFD4-96C0-413E-B727-80BD3B3A8038.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 310
  • 4D548717-42D9-4FE5-9E98-FDB02BDE0C2B.jpeg
    4D548717-42D9-4FE5-9E98-FDB02BDE0C2B.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 289
Hi,

I have recently built a large raised flower bed and stop beeded all the way around.
My concerns are that if I k rend all the way to the bottom of the flower bed (artificial grass level) then I will be bridging my damp course.
I have lined the inside of the beds with a membrane to near the top on either side and left the bottom with weep holes in.
My questions are :-
Can I k rend straight to the bottom or do I need to install bellcast beads on the same level as my damp course.
I have attached a couple of pics for viewing
Is there anyone out there that can offer any advise?

Hello mate you shouldnt bridge the damp proof with krend so put a bead on and just go slightly above the dpc then build your ground level to it with the artificial grass sitting underneath looks much nicer also.. If your artificial grass is on top of your sand which is flattened down will take absorb most of the rainwater

Also i cant tell if youve put a good enough flow from the top bead as you dont want the water sitting on the top of the wall you want it to fall off..

You could of gone for a cavity wall to stop penetrating damp, you don't want the flowers getting wet?
Are going for artificial flowers to go with the artificial grass?
There is nothing like the lovely smell of fresh plastic.
Yes it's a poor comedy show.

Hello mate you shouldnt bridge the damp proof with krend so put a bead on and just go slightly above the dpc then build your ground level to it with the artificial grass sitting underneath looks much nicer also.. If your artificial grass is on top of your sand which is flattened down will take absorb most of the rainwater
Thanks for the advise mate it’s appreciated.
So do I k rend below the bell cast bead or just paint it?

Thanks for the advise mate it’s appreciated.
So do I k rend below the bell cast bead or just paint it?
No problem at all.. Just paint it mate theres products you can buy like marble render which says its fine to use below dpc if you want to jazz it up abit.. With a big colour range.

There is a bit of a tendency to take the piss first, it's how we are, but that's a lot of nice work there. Guess you want a low maintenance garden for your dad, with a continental vibe.
I agree with the earlier advice, you might also put a few drainage holes straight down through the bottom to reduce the sideways water pressure, provided your local water table level isn't too high.