K Rend Cock Up!

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

wow its been a busy week on looking at other peoples cock ups!

I'm again pricing to do all the internal plastering work the guys left, they were kicked off site

but here on the out side they messed up bead, the colour looks diffrent all over scratched deep ect ect

any how he wants revels finishing off and bead taken out and re set above windows and patched in

and he is prepared to paint the building after words as it will always look crap!

and while were at it any 1 fancy putting this one right in the gloucestershir area as I'm just going to pass the k rend repair onto a recommended source!?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4105/5004458152_1a432f56d1.jpg

="http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4152/5004457926_0e5e37d58b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4107/5004457732_b27fa4923f.jpg

Straighten the bead work, use adheisve and mesh over the cracks and go over the lot with a coloured bucket coat render or mineral textured render

That is shocking mate, dont blame him about not being happy, me , monkey and merlin could do it but not for a few weeks. give stu a ring and speak to him about it. I think what Sprayit said is the best option

i dout he would pay to do all that work as he just paid over £4k in materials for this lot! they were on day rate, scaffolding would be needed again .. what is that your on about doing? and at what cost per sq? i can run it past him

are taking of taking out bead , fixing new ones filling in with basecoat then apply and all over finish like the red tub parex? as i dint think this would cover the texture k rend leaves?

kin hell is that a different day scrape on the same panel :D.........nothing wrong with that bead ::)

rougher than ass holes that one.....a thin coat system would solve it beautifully, failing that it needs a couple of coats of good quality paint such as jub revitacolour with a fibre in it for covering small hairline cracks but will still look crap really

goody said:
rougher than ass holes that one.....a thin coat system would solve it beautifully, failing that it needs a couple of coats of good quality paint such as jub revitacolour with a fibre in it for covering small hairline cracks but will still look crap really

a thin coat system beein base coat plus top coat looking at £40 per sq +?!

You could use a thin coat bead that has mesh attached, just lay adhesive on the areas and squeeze the bead in and feather it back. You would not need to cover the whole house with adhesive and mesh.
I would use a mineral texture in the same colour and that will cost about £2 a meter in materials and leave the job as it should have looked, however if he is considering painting it you could look at the coloured bucket coats about £7 m2 + -
Mineral renders do get wet and soak up water when it rains so he really should be painting it anyway if he wants it looking tip top, You wont need to paint bucket coats thats why they are more expensive

but how many will appear, they didnt know what they were doing so what else have they done. also why did they bell the head

They were the cheapest probably, so can everyone rally around and helpnow, oh and it has to be cheaper because....

Thats some nice work they have done there!! I bet the same rough T***s have got loads of work on! :mad:

well that really is a S*%t job, anyway i would grind the crack out neatly and put an expansion bead in so it looks like its meant to be there... as it should have been in the first place then suggest thincoat system over the lot.

Ime over at the moment got to look at a couple of jobs if they dont work out ile just have a weeks holiday.

i typed in 6 for height and 12 for length and it does not allow any other box to be filled. then it sends me to a page saying method not allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.