K-rend application patch

Piscesgirl

Good morning,

I have just had K-rend applied to my home and the guys applying it left a patch, which I alerted to the builder overseeing the project. Apparently some repairs have been done; however, the patch stands out even more like a sore thumb. The area is now lighter than the rest of the area.

It’s costing a fortune for this and I don’t want to have to position a plant there to hide poor application/job. Could you suggest what can be done? I don’t want to be taken advantage of or be bullied into something I am not happy with.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Attachments

• 4DD755C4-9637-4AD2-A4C2-F48D6435D22A.jpeg
    4DD755C4-9637-4AD2-A4C2-F48D6435D22A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 182
  • 95E48F5A-16C8-45B6-896D-FEE654BF7F12.jpeg
    95E48F5A-16C8-45B6-896D-FEE654BF7F12.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 174
looks overall an alright job
(Beading maybe not the neatest but I’m not a fan of white plastic nor modern render products)
If your patch of complaint is that what looks like a bird poop size fill then I would suggest you politely ask if anything can be done with it and leave it there
If they do something may be better than nothing - if they do nothing see how you feel about it in 6 months and try painting experiment to lessen the effect if you can get a RAL colour/paint number and dab it on watered down with a small brush - do not brush it on
There will always be an imperfection somewhere it is really hard work and impossible to leave every job without an imperfection

image.jpg

looks overall an alright job
(Beading maybe not the neatest but I’m not a fan of white plastic nor modern render products)
If your patch of complaint is that what looks like a bird poop size fill then I would suggest you politely ask if anything can be done with it and leave it there
If they do something may be better than nothing - if they do nothing see how you feel about it in 6 months and try painting experiment to lessen the effect if you can get a RAL colour/paint number and dab it on watered down with a small brush - do not brush it on
There will always be an imperfection somewhere it is really hard work and impossible to leave every job without an imperfection
Thank you for your reply and your recommendations.
Last week some “repair” was carried out and the attached photo is the outcome.
I am not pleased with the outcome. I guess I was expecting perfection and evenness , as the rest of the house has been done.

I certainly wouldnt make the final payment till its sorted. It looks a bit s**t. Shame really as the rest seems ok. I'd say its down to the builder or plasterer to paint it if that's what's needed. Not the customer.

That could be rectified better than that. you could blend a bit in better than that, especially into the angle.

Rendit do a colour repair paint... Ive done it before were i caught it last moment with me ladders and filled it with the gear that i scraped back straight away has eventually dried the same colour... Otherwise that was my option to ring rendit.

Hi,
Thank you for your message.
Do you mean that you damaged the render with a ladder and you repaired the area with this paint?
Are Rendit a nationwide stockist?

Hi,
Thank you for your message.
Do you mean that you damaged the render with a ladder and you repaired the area with this paint?
Are Rendit a nationwide stockist?
No sorry the repair i did with the same stuff i scratched back with so i didnt need to ring rendit they advised me aslong as it was done straight away the colour would eventually dry out the same colour... I may have got lucky because i have seen patches on the monocouche that havent cured out the same colour..
Ye they are nationwide give them a call if you really worried they will advise you.
Rendit.co.uk