K rend advice please

Members online

GARZX9R

I've just built a extension onto our kitchen, thought I'd give the render a go myself, always done the internal stuff myself, got some k1 top coat, what's the best base coat to use over thermalite? Shall I just wet down before hand or prime the blocks with something, cheers

Thermalite blocks will 100% need a primer, don’t know which one, one of the experienced guys will be on shortly.

R7 acrylic, hbx base then 10mm of k1

Be an even better job if he bedded mesh into the HPX. Maybe stress patches also around the openings in the top coat, but if he is diy stress patches could bite him in the butt.

Be an even better job if he bedded mesh into the HPX. Maybe stress patches also around the openings in the top coat, but if he is diy stress patches could bite him in the butt.
Yea I thought the mesh was obvious
Got the mesh,
Make sure the mess is deep enough so that when you scratch you don’t snag any, it’s game over if you do

Yea I thought the mesh was obvious
Make sure the mess is deep enough so that when you scratch you don’t snag any, it’s game over if you do
Once ruled off and left to dry ready for scratching, is going over with the I beam done right before the scratch or earlier

So you want to ibeam whenever it’s semi set and firm but not hard, then scratch when it’s harder but not solid

Quick question lads, scratcher, different length needles, what's the reason,
some are straight some come twisted,