Just walked off my job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curry

Private Member
Went to work this morning to start a bit of float and set for a contractor this morning, did know the price of the job or the 2 bedroom house we skimmed out for them in 7 man days which we felt was pretty good.

So we ring the office and final get the price of the two bed before we even start this job today.

£675 before tax!! £75 in desiel to come off aswell making it a grand price of £66 a day :RpS_sneaky:

Have to draw a line somewhere the security guards sitting there cars get more then that!

Thoughts?

what was they paying a metre . You have to ask yourself were can you earn £65 a day out- side plastering and would you.

If it's a new build rock then there's **** all in the hsl so I'd be picking that off with every set.

it was 3 days by my self and 2 days with my brother.

when we got to the job we found out the 3 beds next door the plasterers where getting £980 and the only difference was a extra bed room in the eves up top, which was tiny so assummed in would be a 100 or so less.

2 beds upstairs both with cupboards, a bathroom, and a couple of airing cupboards in the lading. hall stairs landing. Downstairs was a lounge kitchedn another bathroom and some more cupboards.

we did 3 2 bag hits a day each.

proper dishearted by the whole thing to tell you all the truth, wanna jack it all inj but plastering the only u thing we all know, My old man is a plasterer and so was my granddad and not being in the trade would be rubbish.

At £22 a hit i think people are taking the ******* piss. I mean thats 300 squid a week and my van payments and insurance cost that a month.

maybe i shouldnt have walked feel a bit worried now but you have to say no at some point

contractor called bagleys, just cant see how someone can subby for prices like that and make a wage

well we wont be doing anymore for them - just hope things pick up got a good job up in wimbledon to do next week but after that its looking bleak

ever heard the saying "adjust yourself to your surroundings"well maybe likewise with the job ie.just passable there's ways and means.we've all been there at one stage. In the game!

You did the right thing, if you did do it for that price next time it might be worse, so don't worry about it and find something that does pay a civilised price for the time , energy, and effort you have to put into it, i say, "Good for you".

ever heard the saying "adjust yourself to your surroundings"well maybe likewise with the job ie.just passable there's ways and means.we've all been there at one stage. In the game!

adjust in what way? we already did one coat with board finish which felt wrong! it all look suprisingly ok

im not moaning really either im more shocked then anything

You did the right thing, if you did do it for that price next time it might be worse, so don't worry about it and find something that does pay a civilised price for the time , energy, and effort you have to put into it, i say, "Good for you".

thanks thats picked me up a bit

since i made the senior executive decision to fcuk site work off i feel much much better.im not working or earning quite as much but im getting paid without chasing ,working local and building a clientle up.im surviving and it will get better i hate sites and all that goes with it.

You were right to walk. Back here it is all fun with cowboys underpricing and doing really bad jobs. We have a real problem with mould growing in plaster. I will send you some links to give you lot a laugh. Nearly all my work now is hacking off bad renders and re doing them. Exterior Wall - Uneven surface - boards.ie

Wow ruff! Now why do people always think they will get a top quality job when they are getting monkeys in?

Thats the trouble at the mo the bigger boys are gonna take the piss out of you as they know they got u by the bollox but i dont see no point in playing there games i would rather go on the f**king dole the bastards. they can stick it up there ass.

£66 a day for three mixes a day is pathetic!

Of course you were right to walk off, you can earn that working at Mcdonalds.

I work for Bagleys me and the old man do two seven bag hits a day on skimming if the area allows it, and 25 bags float and set otherwise it aint worth doing it for them there prices are awful but they pay each week no problems. \site work is hard and you got do so much to make it pay sometimes its case of just chasing your tail no stopping.

contractor called bagleys, just cant see how someone can subby for prices like that and make a wage

well we wont be doing anymore for them - just hope things pick up got a good job up in wimbledon to do next week but after that its looking bleak

Status
Not open for further replies.