Just starting out

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djt

Just like to say hello to everyone again, I'm fairly new to the forum I have read a lot of useful info on here but not yet posted much.:)

Anyway I received my ritmo last week and today was our first proper day to use it, say proper it was only a small job on day rate so no pressure.
we were inside doing some ceilings and straight away it was an eye opener!!! We had a few problems but to be honest we were very happy with how we got on.

a few questions I'd like to ask some experienced machine plasterers if you don't mind:RpS_wink:

what tapes best for windows (cost and effectiveness)???
what do you use for covering windows? (That you find best)
what do you use for floor coverings? (That's not slippery)
Do you spray whole rooms at a time and do you spray squints all in one go? (I prefer to do them hard as think they come out straighter)

i have many many more questions but here's a few to start lol

To be fair it's not that bad! We had the machine spraying too wet to start with so it was a bit messy but once we figured it out I think with a bit of prevention it will be far less messy than hand application:RpS_tongue:
i just wanted to know what ppl are using to cut mess down to a minimum.

To be fair it's not that bad! We had the machine spraying too wet to start with so it was a bit messy but once we figured it out I think with a bit of prevention it will be far less messy than hand application:RpS_tongue:
i just wanted to know what ppl are using to cut mess down to a minimum.

hawk, trowel and dust sheets :RpS_biggrin:

This is proving to be very helpful lol , I'll make it up as I go along then. I won't be going back to hawk trowel and dust sheets unless its a 2m2 ceiling in a 2million pound house:RpS_tongue:

Hi Djt . To cover up your windows you can use D - tak it comes in all different sizes I.E for your standard windows you would need 1100 and doors 2100 it's not expensive and its comes in small rolls that you just fold out we have used it for years . You could use 500 for floor areas or you can get card on a roll for floors . Has for how much to spray we always put our ceiling on first and finished them and then put full rooms on . It is up to you but I would do what ever you feel easy for you and move on from there .

Just like to say hello to everyone again, I'm fairly new to the forum I have read a lot of useful info on here but not yet posted much.:)

Anyway I received my ritmo last week and today was our first proper day to use it, say proper it was only a small job on day rate so no pressure.
we were inside doing some ceilings and straight away it was an eye opener!!! We had a few problems but to be honest we were very happy with how we got on.

a few questions I'd like to ask some experienced machine plasterers if you don't mind:RpS_wink:

Do you spray whole rooms at a time and do you spray squints all in one go? (I prefer to do them hard as think they come out straighter)

Hi DJT,

If you follow this link you will be able to see all of our prices on Protective Tapes: Plasterers 1 Stop Shop » Plastering & Screeding Machines

If you need anything please give me a call on 01242 236699 and we will be able to help. As your a member of the forum you will also get a discount

Ryan

Im on site ryan so I wrote that on my phone . On my mobile im cheched in
On my other name . But my coment is correct you didnt offer him any advice to the guy as normal . Chubby chops

Im sat watching two guys spraying mono on a barratts site in nottingham with a
New ritmo 230v running from our new generator and the site agent
Has just been sat with me talking about the machine and how impressed he was
With it . I asked him had he noticed its 230v and he said has long has all the trips are in place and its in there H&S its fine . MMMMM go figure .

I you read my post again Les I say 'If you need anything please give me a call on 01242 236699 and we will be able to help' - This way I can advise on what the best products are. We sell quite a range of protective tapes and it would be difficult to say what exactly would be best due to people having different preferences. As for not offering advise, check my posts again and I think you will find I do offer advice on the forum and don't criticise anyone or their company....

It is a real shame how petty you are being on the forum recently, every post I make or that involves our company you jump straight on it and have to offer your 10p worth. It does look very bad, not just for the forum but yourself when one sponsor is constantly insulting or bad mouthing another.

Regards

Chubby Chops xx

An m300 victim . I sprayed a 40m2 domestic in weber ivory with a ritmo because his m300 sensors have gone wrong again and he told me it was one of his big mistakes in plastering buying the ******* thing! His words not mine. Works out of West country. He was told the ritmo was rubbish and they burn out, I have a 2006 model I use a lot. The man was sold the wrong machine for his purpose, but hey Ryan a sales a sale eh!

An m300 victim . I sprayed a 40m2 domestic in weber ivory with a ritmo because his m300 sensors have gone wrong again and he told me it was one of his big mistakes in plastering buying the ******* thing! His words not mine. Works out of West country. He was told the ritmo was rubbish and they burn out, I have a 2006 model I use a lot. The man was sold the wrong machine for his purpose, but hey Ryan a sales a sale eh!

Let me know who that was through a PM and I will discuss that with him. M300 not fit for purpose spraying monocouche - incredible seeing weber even recommend it, like Krend do!

A sale is certainly not a sale and we never look at things like that. If he has a problem with the machines sensors we have not been informed. It is also not a common fault

iv noticed p1stop is very sale motivated. It's a bit cringing if I'm honest. I'm sure none of you are short on sales. In this thread Pft gave advice but no sales pitch, p1stop jump in selling stuff again. Preferred it before you were all sponsors and abusing one another!!

iv noticed p1stop is very sale motivated. It's a bit cringing if I'm honest. I'm sure none of you are short on sales. In this thread Pft gave advice but no sales pitch, p1stop jump in selling stuff again. Preferred it before you were all sponsors and abusing one another!!
Well said grump, but Les has always given good free advice ,it is just his way ............thank God :RpS_thumbsup:

Not just sale motivated here at all. Yes we are on here to make sales. That is the reason we pay to advertise on the forum. We also do offer quite a lot of advice where we can and help people out also. I also think we have been extremely fair to all forum members with discounts and free tools and other items.
Unlike the PFT dealers we pay for our sponsorship ourselves and do not have a large company paying for us. Therefore, we have to make some sales to warrant the costs.

Dust sheets cheap and reusable plus they stay down.

Leave the angles go hard although if the line is straight to begin you can use a adjustable corner trowel. personally i like to use a paper tape stuck with ames to get a sharp line then when you skim cut right into nothing on the very edge keeping it spotless and the same with the opposite. they come out perfect

Not just sale motivated here at all. Yes we are on here to make sales. That is the reason we pay to advertise on the forum. We also do offer quite a lot of advice where we can and help people out also. I also think we have been extremely fair to all forum members with discounts and free tools and other items.
Unlike the PFT dealers we pay for our sponsorship ourselves and do not have a large company paying for us. Therefore, we have to make some sales to warrant the costs.
we all need to earn a living ,that is what we do it for , i have many dealings with Pft and have also brought bits from Ryan , live and let live :RpS_thumbup:

Hi Djt . To cover up your windows you can use D - tak it comes in all different sizes I.E for your standard windows you would need 1100 and doors 2100 it's not expensive and its comes in small rolls that you just fold out we have used it for years . You could use 500 for floor areas or you can get card on a roll for floors . Has for how much to spray we always put our ceiling on first and finished them and then put full rooms on . It is up to you but I would do what ever you feel easy for you and move on from there .

Hi thanks for some helpful advice, where do you buy this d-tak from? And would you have any ideas on where to get the card on a roll from this was my initial idea as its only the first 2 foot by the floor you need worry about?

Also I thought dust sheets would be a bad idea with the hoses trailing across them or do you fix them down?

And do you all mask up electric boxes or just fill em up with overspray :RpS_blushing:

you get better at spraying making less mess. if your that worried spray a bit of wd40 in the sockets first careful not to get it on wall and the plaster will fall of. all the dealers on here sell the tapes. card is fine but hardly reusable. dust sheets are ok cos they will only be coming out a couple of feet then wip em up and move em along. painters been managing for years. If you are still unconvinced by some corex 8x4 corregated sheets slice em down the middle and lay em down, then move em along. you can use them again and again.

Thanks mate, was nice meeting you also. Let me know how you get on with the materials and the new trowel! All will be delivered Monday. Let us know if you need anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.