Just One Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay 797

Bloody hell this weather.. I've only got one day left to finish a rough casting job!! Will it warm up enough before new year to put a rough cast coat on over shitty pebble dash that's been scraped back? :confused:
I could do with some dollar from it!!

surely the customer will understand if you ask for a draw , if the jobs 3/4 finished and you leave enough money on the job to warrant coming back whats the problem :RpS_cool:

I've had a drag off it but its paid materials & other plasterer!! So I've not dragged any wages from it yet :-(
I suppose I ought to grow a pair & ask for more???

maybe in future split your jobs into set out draws
I do it like this
35%/35%/30%

over here that would be 35% lathing ....we work mostley on wood frame construction...so paper and wire

35% scratch coat
30% on finish

in some cases if the job is expensive ie unusual materials like say tadelakt ...or an importated lime finish I get a material deposit ...then split it into the above percentages

in this case next time split it up as prep
ie scaffold if any crack repair scraping back masking /covering windows .....then bill the 35%

scratch it ...then bill 35%
finish it bill the remainder

always state an hourly rate for xtras and changes and what have you ....and always make this deal in writing and make sure the owner agrees to the terms....it should be part of your initial estimate

Not at present mate .The weather maybe start to pick up for the week end so next week for you.

Well bugger me. I've just got home & the fella's been round & coughed up the lot! :-0
He's CID but is a nice chap though!! Especially more so now!! Thankfully I don't need to grow a pair now!!! :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.